Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Actually, it all originated with people on here making out as if the reason for a bad atmosphere was because of ‘day trippers’ and it’s just a load of nonsense. I’ve had season tickets in the past and the atmosphere at most games (i.e. the ones which are almost entirely attended by season ticket holders) is brutal. It’s like a morgue, with the exception of a handful of guys down the scoreboard end.

They have such a weird sense of self-importance, and that’s what rubs certain people up the wrong way. I don’t get why people can’t just go and support the team without creating their own wee weird hierarchies.

You don’t do irony do you? 

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Actually, it all originated with people on here making out as if the reason for a bad atmosphere was because of ‘day trippers’ and it’s just a load of nonsense. I’ve had season tickets in the past and the atmosphere at most games (i.e. the ones which are almost entirely attended by season ticket holders) is brutal. It’s like a morgue, with the exception of a handful of guys down the scoreboard end.

They have such a weird sense of self-importance, and that’s what rubs certain people up the wrong way. I don’t get why people can’t just go and support the team without creating their own wee weird hierarchies.

You’re not really this stupid are you?!

Obviously a game with 2500 at home to Livingston is going to be a shite atmosphere. But any big important game will have a great atmosphere at McDiarmid and always has done.

Its great the young lads come along with the flags and the drum and get involved, the more the merrier, and the effort put into the display last game was brilliant, but this idea that without them there would be no atmosphere at big European nights is laughable.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

You’re not really this stupid are you?!

Obviously a game with 2500 at home to Livingston is going to be a shite atmosphere. But any big important game will have a great atmosphere at McDiarmid and always has done.

Its great the young lads come along with the flags and the drum and get involved, the more the merrier, and the effort put into the display last game was brilliant, but this idea that without them there would be no atmosphere at big European nights is laughable.

Obviously struck a nerve with an uber fan, sorry. It’s not laughable at all, that’s the thing. Aside from those couple of sections there was barely any atmosphere against Galatasaray.

It’s not even just against Livi, it’s almost every single home game. Other clubs in this league don’t exactly have massive supports either but their fans create a bit more noise than the raucous, East Standers for games against us. The difference seems to be that their fan groups seem to be supported a bit more by the club e.g. Motherwell, St Mirren etc. 

23 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Obviously struck a nerve with an uber fan, sorry. It’s not laughable at all, that’s the thing. Aside from those couple of sections there was barely any atmosphere against Galatasaray.

It’s not even just against Livi, it’s almost every single home game. Other clubs in this league don’t exactly have massive supports either but their fans create a bit more noise than the raucous, East Standers for games against us. The difference seems to be that their fan groups seem to be supported a bit more by the club e.g. Motherwell, St Mirren etc. 

There’s no Uber fans. There are non season ticket holders who go regularly that are essential to the survival of the club as well.

Its great seeing McDiarmid nearly full of Saints fans, it’s such a rarity these days, so the bigger the crowd the better, whether that’s one off day trippers, first timers or regulars.

The point a lot are making is just that the club needs season ticket holders to survive, and to grow the season ticket number should be an aim every season. You do that mostly by the performances on the park, but also by the way you treat them.  Some people don’t mind where they sit, some do, such is life. 

It’s always been that end of McDiarmid where the singing is, ever since it opened.  Though the rest of the ground maybe did join in more in the very early days.  As I said, the young lads are a good addition and hopefully they can find common ground with the club so they come on a regular basis.  But I honestly think the atmosphere on Thursday night would be great if they were there or not.

57 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Fair enough, I haven’t been following the thread(s) all that closely over the last wee while and that’s not right either. I think both season ticket holders not getting seats and the FCU being moved wouldn’t have been as big a deal if the club had communicated the decisions properly rather than leaving people to stew on it.  

I definitely agree about hierarchies. I can’t be arsed with all the dramas, just want to watch the game in peace. 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

How do we line up on Thursday?

Still not heard the result of Gordon’s scan, hopefully he’s passed fit.  The team over there played great and the threat we posed with MOH and Glenn’s pace was excellent for the first hour. 

I would be tempted to play an extra midfielder.  I’ve also just remembered Spoony should be available.  Get a hold of the midfield and  keep possession a bit more. Having MOH to come on would also give us more options from the bench.

A big noisy crowd will be encouraging the team to go for it, have to keep the heads a bit.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney                                    Devine

Davidson McCann Wotherspoon 

Kane Middleton 

A shame Bryson doesn't seem like he'll be fit, helps us keep the ball so well.

Stevie May is due a massive moment with us again, convinced he's plopping in a 20 yard screamer or something. 

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Kyle =

IMG_6355.jpg

Confirmed

emoji12.png

If it was socially acceptable for a man in his 30s to have a tartan blanket at the soccerball, I’d have started doing so years ago. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Support the club for years and pile money into the club + Moan about not getting into your seat = HAHA WHAT A PATHETIC LITTLE THING YOU ARE, SUPPORT THE CLUB INSTEAD OF MOANING

Appear at games again after being away for years, throw things at the police, try and fight other fans, break seats at McDiarmid and get the club fined by UEFA + Moan about not getting your seat = Disgrace these people are getting treated this way, heartbeat of the club these lads.

Probably the best post you've ever made. There's people who have had ST books since Muirton Park.  They should not be derided by people like Bonksy.  The FCU are great with a lot of the things they do, hopefully this won't stop them making a noise on Thursday. 

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Closing a section because of wall climbing and a banger emoji38.png

If folk want to set off bangers they’ll do them anywhere, do we just continue closing off sections across the ground every time a firework is set off? Part of me hopes someone does it again on Thursday to show the club how ridiculous a solution that is.

As for the wall climbing, who the f**k cares - honestly. Both a piss poor reasons for closing the singing section. The club have handled this whole thing terribly.

Hopefully there are members of the YT strategically placed in every section of the Main Stand, banger at the ready. Maybe then the club will shut ALL OF THE SECTIONS in that stand and send the tartan blanket shaggers home to think again.

Hopefully you'll f**k off back to Pittodrie soon.

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I have two lovely tickets for the East Stand, and I point-blank refuse to move for the benefit of a season-ticket holder who was too slow off the mark.

Unless he/she threatens me with any sort of physical violence. In that case, the seat is theirs. I bruise like a peach.

At least we won't have to worry about you climbing on any wall.  Unless you arrive with a cherry picker.

Probably the best post you've ever made. There's people who have had ST books since Muirton Park.  They should not be derided by people like Bonksy.  The FCU are great with a lot of the things they do, hopefully this won't stop them making a noise on Thursday. 

Hopefully you’re one of the saps who’s crying about losing their seat [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Couple more tickets have just come up in the east for some reason.

Ormond is almost sold out.
North still has a fair few left.

I wonder if folk are able to return some tickets hence they come up for resale or something.

There was a couple randomly ce up in the main after it was sold out too.

Sounds like great sales then. Hopefully any still to be unsold seats are spread out and not whole blocks of potentially empty seats, which would look mince if not sold. 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

I wonder if folk are able to return some tickets hence they come up for resale or something.

There was a couple randomly came up in the main after it was sold out too.

Sounds like great sales then. Hopefully any still to be unsold seats are spread out and not whole blocks of potentially empty seats, which would look mince if not sold. 

29 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Hopefully you’re one of the saps who’s crying about losing their seat emoji38.png

Nope.  Happy just to be there to support Saints.  Delighted to see fans who can't always be there getting the chance to attend and support their team.  Not you though, you multi club supporting weirdo - you can f**k off.

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

About 80 seats in one block in the main stand available.

Saints have obviously been holding them back.

Hmm. If I get a couple of these anyone know what the chances are of being able to get a refund on my Ormond tickets? Much as I want to help the club don't really want to pay twice. 

16 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Hmm. If I get a couple of these anyone know what the chances are of being able to get a refund on my Ormond tickets? Much as I want to help the club don't really want to pay twice. 

Give the club a phone today, shouldn’t be an issue.