Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I have two lovely tickets for the East Stand, and I point-blank refuse to move for the benefit of a season-ticket holder who was too slow off the mark.

Unless he/she threatens me with any sort of physical violence. In that case, the seat is theirs. I bruise like a peach.

I have two lovely tickets for the East Stand, and I point-blank refuse to move for the benefit of a season-ticket holder who was too slow off the mark.
Unless he/she threatens me with any sort of physical violence. In that case, the seat is theirs. I bruise like a peach.

12 Ruel Street.
Bring yer Maw.

47 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The whole support seems to have sand in their vagina about something or other right now

Not me. I'm chuffed as f**k to be going. My first game in quite some time. 

:) 

FWIW I do think that ST holders should have been given first shout for a limited time. 

That's what I was expecting to happen until it was mentioned on here they'd gone on general sale. I was on it like a tramp on chips.........

12 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I didn't get my normal seat because my bank thought it was internet fraud.

I do think there could have been notice period or ST only time but everyone who wants to go will be there.

4 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

FWIW I do think that ST holders should have been given first shout for a limited time. 

That's what I was expecting to happen until it was mentioned on here they'd gone on general sale. I was on it like a tramp on chips.........

I got told today the club intended on giving season ticket fans 24 hours but the system kept crashing and the company we use were no help, so they had no choice but to open it up, otherwise we'd still be waiting on them coming up for sale. Can't say how true that all is though.

Think Raith have had problems with this company too.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I got told today the club intended on giving season ticket fans 24 hours but the system kept crashing and the company we use were no help, so they had no choice but to open it up, otherwise we'd still be waiting on them coming up for sale. Can't say how true that all is though.

Think Raith have had problems with this company too.

St. Mirren use them as well and currently have tickets listed for "away" fans for a game away fans are apparently not allowed to go to. 

I do get the whole season ticket thing. Had I a season ticket, I'd be mildly perturbed if I didn't get 'my' seat for this (indeed any) match I was attending. 

Closing a section because of wall climbing and a banger [emoji38]

If folk want to set off bangers they’ll do them anywhere, do we just continue closing off sections across the ground every time a firework is set off? Part of me hopes someone does it again on Thursday to show the club how ridiculous a solution that is.

As for the wall climbing, who the f**k cares - honestly. Both a piss poor reasons for closing the singing section. The club have handled this whole thing terribly.

Hopefully there are members of the YT strategically placed in every section of the Main Stand, banger at the ready. Maybe then the club will shut ALL OF THE SECTIONS in that stand and send the tartan blanket shaggers home to think again.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Closing a section because of wall climbing and a banger emoji38.png

If folk want to set off bangers they’ll do them anywhere, do we just continue closing off sections across the ground every time a firework is set off? Part of me hopes someone does it again on Thursday to show the club how ridiculous a solution that is.

As for the wall climbing, who the f**k cares - honestly. Both a piss poor reasons for closing the singing section. The club have handled this whole thing terribly.

Hopefully there are members of the YT strategically placed in every section of the Main Stand, banger at the ready. Maybe then the club will shut ALL OF THE SECTIONS in that stand and send the tartan blanket shaggers home to think again.

For me if they want to take action its up to them. I honestly believe the decision was taken as a response to UEFA asking the club how'll they'll mitigate it happening again. 

Its more about how it was handled. 

They made the decision before the tickets went on sale with no mention of the decision at all as part of the announcement. Then when people reached out to ask the club about it they weren't giving anything clear to explain. (I imagine the person in the firing line for the questions needed to speak to the more senior decision makers before announcing anything I know but have that conversation up front so when the questions inevitably came there could be an official response to provide) 

I think yesterday they did indicate a response to them about their reasoning prior to the statement about it as well which is better than nothing. Just could be done better. 

As for it happening again, it probably will especially when the individual who let of the banger thing does not support St Johnstone. What do you do about it? Ban them? That's not a deterrent for someone that does not support Saints, they don't care if we get fined either. I seen the guy climbing the wall at the time, just a strangely daft thing to do as not sure what he was trying to achieve?!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

As for the wall climbing, who the f**k cares - honestly. 

I mean, you surely realise what happens if a Health and Safety officer says Saints aren't up to their standards on matchdays , don't you?

I mean, you surely realise what happens if a Health and Safety officer says Saints aren't up to their standards on matchdays , don't you?

The wall isn’t caving in, chief - a fan climbed on it. Football fans do stupid things all the time that could be considered a health and safety issue, whether it be climbing a wall, pitch invading. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that “standing” is considered an issue these days as well.

I don’t believe for one second that a H&S officer would hammer Saints because one daft idiot decided to climb a wall.

I bought a season ticket for years and only sat in my seat a handful of times. I'm of the opinion that as long as I'm there and have a decent view then I'm okay. Getting precious about how you're the backbone of the club and should have the seat you prefer to sit in isn't a great look. Shout loud though folks, it'll make you feel a wee bit better*.

* that may or may not be a typo.

How do we line up on Thursday?

Still not heard the result of Gordon’s scan, hopefully he’s passed fit.  The team over there played great and the threat we posed with MOH and Glenn’s pace was excellent for the first hour. 

I would be tempted to play an extra midfielder.  I’ve also just remembered Spoony should be available.  Get a hold of the midfield and  keep possession a bit more. Having MOH to come on would also give us more options from the bench.

A big noisy crowd will be encouraging the team to go for it, have to keep the heads a bit.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney                                    Devine

Davidson McCann Wotherspoon 

Kane Middleton 

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

The wall isn’t caving in, chief - a fan climbed on it. Football fans do stupid things all the time that could be considered a health and safety issue, whether it be climbing a wall, pitch invading. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that “standing” is considered an issue these days as well.

I don’t believe for one second that a H&S officer would hammer Saints because one daft idiot decided to climb a wall.

If someone falls off the wall and injures themselves, there will be all sorts of investigations. If it’s then proven that someone previously climbed the wall and Saints did not take all reasonable measures to prevent it happening again then they will get absolutely hammered by HSE and probably the football authorities too. Closing the section is a reasonable measure. It’s really not too difficult to understand 

Edited by Bose

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This is kind of where I fall with a lot of this as well. I've seen regulars being described as blanket twitchers and moaning arseholes and whatever else. If it wasn't for the season ticket holders and regulars, the day trippers who attach themselves to the club and generally make an arse of themselves on big occassions wouldn't have those moments if the regulars didn't keep putting their money into the club.

There's room for all at St Johnstone. The biggest game in our history (sic) is on Thursday and we still have around 1,000 tickets available for those who want them. I don't think I've seen our support quite as divided as it seems to be right now, very us vs them, which isn't a particularly great place to be. 

Actually, it all originated with people on here making out as if the reason for a bad atmosphere was because of ‘day trippers’ and it’s just a load of nonsense. I’ve had season tickets in the past and the atmosphere at most games (i.e. the ones which are almost entirely attended by season ticket holders) is brutal. It’s like a morgue, with the exception of a handful of guys down the scoreboard end.

They have such a weird sense of self-importance, and that’s what rubs certain people up the wrong way. I don’t get why people can’t just go and support the team without creating their own wee weird hierarchies.