Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

As we prepare for the biggest game in the Club’s history at another packed out McDiarmid Park, the Club would like to clarify the issues surrounding a small section in the East Stand.
The visual display organised by a group of our supporters and the subsequent fantastic atmosphere generated against Galatasaray was a credit to those involved and the Club sincerely thanks them for their hard work.

Unfortunately, at the recent game against Galatasaray, a small minority of fans within this section acted in a manner that put themselves and other supporters at risk by climbing on the adjacent wall.

Supporter safety is paramount to the Football Club. So therefore, with this in mind, we have taken the decision to close off a small number of seats which can be seen in the image below.

Further to this, there was also a pyrotechnic device set off within this same section by an individual which has resulted in St Johnstone Football Club being fined by UEFA. Once again, we would urge supporters to refrain from such inappropriate and dangerous conduct.

The Club would like to make it absolutely clear that no person or party are banned from attending Thursday's match against LASK.

The Club has also opened dialogue with the affected seat members of this section to ensure that both parties can work together going forwards.

Let’s all pull together, support the club in the right way and give everyone a night to remember.

What a joke 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png A few people stood on a wall so that’s it! Whole section closed! By and large our fanbase behave pretty well. There were 9k in the stadium last Thursday and the worst thing that happened was a few exuberant youngsters stood on a wall. Oh heaven forbid.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

34 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What a joke 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png A few people stood on a wall so that’s it! Whole section closed! By and large our fanbase behave pretty well. There were 9k in the stadium last Thursday and the worst thing that happened was a few exuberant youngsters stood on a wall. Oh heaven forbid.

Worst thing that happened was the club got fined by UEFA.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worst thing that happened was the club got fined by UEFA.

Well if that was the reason for closing the section then why say it was because of climbing on a wall? The climbing on the wall is directly linked to the closure in the statement above. If it was related to the pyrotechnic then St Johnstone need to learn to write statements with greater clarity. Presumably they didn’t link the closure to this as they were unsure of its exact origins within the stand?

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

If it was related to the pyrotechnic then St Johnstone need to learn to write statements with greater clarity. Presumably they didn’t link the closure to this as they were unsure of its exact origins within the stand?

Should probably get off your high horse and learn to read, m8.

Screenshot_20210824-142232_Chrome.thumb.jpg.51efdbc8e86bf14802f52182323042e3.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Well if that was the reason for closing the section then why say it was because of climbing on a wall? The climbing on the wall is directly linked to the closure in the statement above. If it was related to the pyrotechnic then St Johnstone need to learn to write statements with greater clarity. Presumably they didn’t link the closure to this as they were unsure of its exact origins within the stand?

Why can't they talk to the youngsters, tell them they won't put up with they're shite and tell them they need fundraisers to cover any fines etc.  They get 1 season, if they f**k it up no going back.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Why can't they talk to the youngsters, tell them they won't put up with they're shite and tell them they need fundraisers to cover any fines etc.  They get 1 season, if they f**k it up no going back.

Did they not do this a couple of years back after they were all acting the c**t outside grounds home and away?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Should probably get off your high horse and learn to read, m8.

Screenshot_20210824-142232_Chrome.thumb.jpg.51efdbc8e86bf14802f52182323042e3.jpg

Yeah, I did read it. The statement doesn’t read well. It says ‘x’ happened (i.e. standing on a wall) therefore ‘y’ outcome has been put in place (i.e. section closure).  It then goes on to say ‘additionally a pyro was set off’, which is dangerous. The way it’s worded makes it seem like the wall issue was the main issue, as it is highlighted first in the statement and links directly into the closure of the section. Stop being a silly wee w****r for once in your life maybe?

Just now, deej said:

I'm a sad b*****d and skiving at work, so just had a wee count of what's left;

204 Ormond

732 North

Less than 1000 tickets still available. 

I'm.off today  couple of hours ago I did a quick count and had 210 available in the Ormond and 900 in the North 😅 so we are around the same numbers..With the blocked off area in the main stand the capacity will be just under 10,000 so nearly there 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

No.

2017 - Club and FCU meet after their behaviour outside grounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/401192/st-johnstone-deny-ultra-style-fans-are-banned-from-ground-following-rumours-on-social-media/amp/

Club had warned them about their behaviour but it wasn't listened to so their section was closed down.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah, I did read it. The statement doesn’t read well. It says ‘x’ happened (i.e. standing on a wall) therefore ‘y’ outcome has been put in place (i.e. section closure).  It then goes on to say ‘additionally a pyro was set off’, which is dangerous. The way it’s worded makes it seem like the wall issue was the main issue, as it is highlighted first in the statement and links directly into the closure of the section. Stop being a silly wee w****r for once in your life maybe?

It was quite clear that both were the reason they've had their section partially closed.

Perhaps you should be moaning about the folk who consistently let this group down, instead of a club who are having to pay 5 figure fines and also being put under pressure from UEFA with threats of larger fines if they don't prevent it happening again?

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

I’d have dropped Zander after the Rangers game at Xmas.
He has been much improved this calendar year after 2-3 years of not being great.

Think his performance in the Scottish Cup quarter-final – in particular his headed goal – was a turning point.

Aye Clark seems to have realised his position was on a shoogly peg and has really hit form.

I’ve always felt if he starts a game well it’s key to him playing.

Interesting to see if he gets a chance v Moldova.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was quite clear that both were the reason they've had their section partially closed.

Perhaps you should be moaning about the folk who consistently let this group down, instead of a club who are having to pay 5 figure fines and also being put under pressure from UEFA with threats of larger fines if they don't prevent it happening again?

I would write a better statement tbh.

The one individual who let off a firework (or whatever it was) is a fanny and shouldn’t have done it as it was clearly pre-meditated. Didn’t see which section it was done from. I’d rather sections of the ground that create atmosphere weren’t closed for the actions of one individual but that’s just me. I suppose you can get back to moaning about not getting to sit in a specific seat now.