Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

20 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

With regards to seats, think it’s a bit unfair to assume that if they are broken, they’ve been broken on purpose. As has been pointed on before, McDiarmid is in need of a bit of TLC and the seats are hardly the sturdiest. The club have gone about this all wrong in my opinion, not hard to get in contact with one of them and let them know what the script is. 

My seat broke last week  and I wasn’t jumping on it

3 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

My seat broke last week  and I wasn’t jumping on it

Precisely. There are a number of seats that are either currently broken or have previously been broken - can’t all have been from misbehaving. 

Yeah a lad climbed on the wall when we scored as well. Don't understand why either 🤦‍♂️[emoji23]

There was actually quite a funny moment about 20 minutes before kickoff where someone pulled up someone for stealing their seat. The seat thief responded with “someone else stole mine” before getting told go f**k off rather Loudly [emoji23]

22 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Em, we need flushing toilets and warm water in the ladies before we paint the concourse. 

That's awful. 

Next door there's hot water with temperatures that will burn your skin off in the men's 😐

Honestly never felt tap hot water that hot in my life! 

Agree that does seem a priority though!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Hats off to you season ticket holders because paying 25 quid a game here in Scotland is pretty shite. 

We can’t stand, can’t drink, can’t have flares, can’t have fun and there’s no decent fan areas. 

Union Berlin has 18000 standing and most German clubs keep ticket prices down as a social duty.  10 quid a ticket  I watched Hertha play Munich in a stadium full of history. 
At Bohemians 1905 in Prague a tenner would get me in with a couple of pints and a large bbq sausage . Flares and flags aplenty. 
We even got free public transport on game day to get to Brisbane Roar games and we lived 1.5 hours away 

We need to do a lot more to get people coming to the games every week as 25 quid for the current game experience is a rip off. 

looking forward to Thursday …..

10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Roddy Grant has been appointed as a Director of the club so that's some reassuring news at least.

Out of interest, do any of the directors actually invest in the club financially? We are well run, but I wonder if folk on the board bring either expertise in a field such as hospitality, finance or sports management or is it just mates of Steve Brown? Not knocking anyone in any way, just seems the Saints behind the scenes folk are never really in focus.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Says in the link we are still trying to sign McCart but that will depend on your result on Thursday night. 

I would hope Jamie McCart is aiming higher than a club about the same level as ourselves, no offence, though obviously Hibs will pay much better.

If we lose on Thursday, I'd be asking McCart if he wants to stay and offer an improved contract, which he has certainly earned.  Have a buy out clause in it whereby he can get a lucrative move down south if an offer comes in.  If he refuses to sign, then I'd sell him to Hibs for half a million.  Not worth losing him for nothing in nine months time.

34 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Says in the link we are still trying to sign McCart but that will depend on your result on Thursday night. 

There is no chance of McCart signing for us imo.

1. Because I think St Johnstone will go through. 2. Even if they didn’t we couldn’t afford to pay the 500k for him and I’m not sure I’d want us to if we somehow found the cash. 

Just now, Zing. said:

There is no chance of McCart signing for us imo.

1. Because I think St Johnstone will go through. 2. Even if they didn’t we couldn’t afford to pay the 500k for him and I’m not sure I’d want us to if we somehow found the cash. 

I just hope we have someone else lined up if we can’t get him. 

Kind of annoying we aren't uploading games to rewatch on Saints TV anymore.

Been no match highlights, or game replays, put up since the Motherwell game on August 8th.