Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Dvorak said:

Just managed to get on now, no main or east according to the site.  Got the Ormond, which will be strange! 

Being an old fart  I like the main stand, which is why my season ticket is there.  

Just could have been better done with 24hours notice.  Don't think anyone thought tickets would be on sale before the united match.

Only got the Ormond for Motherwell and really enjoyed the change.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I remember being at a cup game once where there was no allocated seating and some total oddball came over and started going ‘but that’s my seat’ patter. Boo hoo, if you’re not fast you’re last.

38 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Exactly, boo fucking hoo, moaning wee bitches. There's enough seats for us all, enjoy the experience of another stand and probably being 100m from the Shecks and Muirs of this world.

You glory hunters need to remember that  if it wasn’t for our glorious army of season ticket holders sustaining the club through lean and average seasons, you wouldn’t get your big days out like these and would have to make do with watching Real Madrid or Man Utd or whoever your real teams are. 😀

I've been out all day and only realised now that tickets are on sale. So yeah, I'm joining the club of pissed off fans - not just because I can't get my season ticket seat in the East Stand - not hugely bothered about that - but I can't even get a ticket in the East Stand now.  (Can't even seem to buy tickets in the Ormond as it says I need to buy 'additional products')

I can appreciate foibles in the ticketing system, but would it have been too much to ask for a wee 'heads-up' email to ST holders to let them know about the sale ahead of time?

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If you knew, you knew.

Which is fine up to a point. I'm honestly delighted we've sold the Main and East Stands out. I wasn't sure we would.

But when it comes to ST renewal time next year, I'll have more of a think about it. I'm certainly not going to save money with my season ticket, and if there are few other tangible benefits I might as well pick and choose with the rest of the demi-monde.

Edited by Mr Heliums

12 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Which is fine up to a point. I'm honestly delighted we've sold the Main and East Stands out. I wasn't sure we would.

But when it comes to ST renewal time next year, I'll have more of a think about it. I'm certainly not going to save money with my season ticket, and if there are few other tangible benefits I might as well pick and choose with the rest of the demi-monde.

I think 3rd place in the league this season gets conference groups,  I may be wrong about that though, sure I heard it mentioned somewhere. It may depend on this years coefficient points though. That will make me buy one for myself,  f**k even if we get the groups this season I'll probably buy one as surely they'll get first dibs at tickets when we actually have a fixture list.

I got a seat in the Main stand so i'm happy, but:

Surely its not too much to ask that the club told all on the data base and a general announcement when tickets would go on sale and what was going to be the procedure to book.

Just starting the sale without notice is poor.

Us season ticket holders some for over 40 years deserve better.

I couldn't initially buy tickets for the Ormond Stand because I chose 'Ormond Adult Matchday' from the drop-down list, rather than 'Ormond Stand Adult matchday'. 

On the plus side, looks like you're not restricted to a single purchase – ie you can return later and buy more tickets.

Screenshot 2021-08-21 at 18.42.48.png

To the shock of everyone, people have bulk bought seats in the East Stand and are now selling them for £30+

Edited by RandomGuy.

To the shock of everyone, people have bulk bought seats in the East Stand and are now selling them for £30+

That’s a fucking disgrace that.
I’ve got a seat in the east after glancing all afternoon out of concern.

I get the tickets had to go on sale, if the ticketing agency were using has fucked it the club needs to be honest and tell us.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That’s a fucking disgrace that.
I’ve got a seat in the east after glancing all afternoon out of concern.

I get the tickets had to go on sale, if the ticketing agency were using has fucked it the club needs to be honest and tell us.

Has to be the caveat that its just word of mouth from someone I don't think would lie about seeing some on Facebook.

3 hours ago, Radford said:

The sea lions will defend the club over this (it's only a seat/it's not the club's fault the system is shite/they don't have enough time) but I totally agree with you. 

Like yourself, I've been fortunate enough to be notified about this and get on and get our seats but the thinking that long-standing ST holders (many of whom have bought multiple STs last season when they only actually needed one for Saints TV - which, as someone said, has turned to complete shit) could have ended up behind goal etc... and have been shown no loyalty is pretty galling. 

The 9,000 fans won't always be there, Saints. 

You look after the folk that back you week-in, week-out. 

Fully expect the backlash to this but there you go. 

I agree wholeheartedly but in truth don't really care. I'd have preferred my own seat and I do think there should have been a small season ticket only window but in the end I'm just happy to be able to see my wee team stand on the edge of the unbelievable. 

The day trippers for the most part won't be back again for a long spell and that's their loss. 

2 hours ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

I got a seat in the east stand and I am definitely a part time fan, so I’ll agree with all before me, it’s not really fair at all. In my (pathetic) defence, I’d gone out and came back to my wife going through the process to make sure I didn’t miss out and she’d already chose the east stand but I hope I’m not getting abuse on Thursday for my choice of seat

You don't need to defend yourself at all

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Exactly, boo fucking hoo, moaning wee bitches. There's enough seats for us all, enjoy the experience of another stand and probably being 100m from the Shecks and Muirs of this world.

Aye everyone who wants a ticket will get one, just might not be in their preferred seat. Folk block buying seats and selling them for a profit are c***s though.

Incidentally I genuinely don’t think you can blame ‘daytrippers’ for a lack of atmosphere. Season ticket holders are mostly old c***s and home games are dead. The folk who make the atmosphere are the people who don’t go every week.