Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

That’s an absolute fucking disgrace tbh. Like them or loath them, the young team made a great din during the game - they are basically the catalyst for the whole stadium to start singing. To leave that part of the stadium empty is a travesty - what kind of message is that sending out as well to folk who are excited about Saints again and we’re thinking about going to games more often? What a farce.

I don’t think the club are closing ‘their’ section, they’re just closing ‘a’ section due to the damage in that area.

I don't have a season ticket as I live 2hrs away but I got 4 for the East Stand. Have to agree with the ST holders that it's bullshit they didn't get first dibs on their seat.

In another note, Cammy Ballyntyne just scored for Montrose, guess he's not getting his chance tomorrow.

Just now, shibbydoo said:

I don't have a season ticket as I live 2hrs away but I got 4 for the East Stand. Have to agree with the ST holders that it's bullshit they didn't get first dibs on their seat.

In another note, Cammy Ballyntyne just scored for Montrose, guess he's not getting his chance tomorrow.

Think its a different Cammy Ballantyne. Sure there were 2 there last year.

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

I don’t think the club are closing ‘their’ section, they’re just closing ‘a’ section due to the damage in that area.

That makes sense. If there are broken seats, they can't sell them unfortunately. 

Maybe if we get through on Thursday, the club can look at rail seating in that section? 

Although having been in front section of Main Stand for Preston game, the steelwork on the seats there is knackered and imagine isn't far off becoming a health and safety issue unfortunately, so might need to take priority.

Hopefully can do a three-match package if we beat LASK for the group games and let season ticket holders get their seats that way. 

I got a seat in the east stand and I am definitely a part time fan, so I’ll agree with all before me, it’s not really fair at all. In my (pathetic) defence, I’d gone out and came back to my wife going through the process to make sure I didn’t miss out and she’d already chose the east stand but I hope I’m not getting abuse on Thursday for my choice of seat

That makes sense. If there are broken seats, they can't sell them unfortunately. 
Maybe if we get through on Thursday, the club can look at rail seating in that section? 
Although having been in front section of Main Stand for Preston game, the steelwork on the seats there is knackered and imagine isn't far off becoming a health and safety issue unfortunately, so might need to take priority.
Hopefully can do a three-match package if we beat LASK for the group games and let season ticket holders get their seats that way. 

Always thought rail seats in that section would be a great idea. If we progress we’ll have the money to do it…

1 hour ago, Radford said:

The sea lions will defend the club over this (it's only a seat/it's not the club's fault the system is shite/they don't have enough time) but I totally agree with you. 

Like yourself, I've been fortunate enough to be notified about this and get on and get our seats but the thinking that long-standing ST holders (many of whom have bought multiple STs last season when they only actually needed one for Saints TV - which, as someone said, has turned to complete shit) could have ended up behind goal etc... and have been shown no loyalty is pretty galling. 

The 9,000 fans won't always be there, Saints. 

You look after the folk that back you week-in, week-out. 

Fully expect the backlash to this but there you go. 

47 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

As season ticket holder very disappointed in the manner in which the tickets for Thursday night have been dealt with.

The concept of having a season ticket is to ensure that you have a booked seat for games covered and the opportunity to reserve that seat for additional matches.

I have fortunately managed to get a seat not far from my season ticket seat and will be interesting to see who is occupying mine.  

As others have said will those quick on the keyboard who have taken the good seats in the East stand be in the ground for games against the likes of Livingston?

Poor show Saints get it sorted for the group stages home matches.

46 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

This has probably pissed me off more than it should. A big part of going to the Saints games is meeting up with your friends and family, sitting next to each other and watching the game with them. That's why you all buy season tickets in seats next to each other. A load of people will now be denied the opportunity to watch arguably the most important game in the club's history (certainly in financial terms) with the people who they have sat and watched some absolute shite with over the years. Feels like a massive kick in the teeth from the club. 

32 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I got on within seconds of it going online and managed to get my usual seats but I suspect if I’d been five minutes later they’d have been gone. Surely we could have managed ST holders today/tomorrow with the option to buy ten each again then opened it up fully on Monday.

Even just getting a bit of notice would have helped - I took a punt and bought the number of tickets I thought my group would need so we could get the right place but already I’ve got people coming back wanting extra!

Yes yes yes yes.

Unless this has been a huge mis-communication between the club and ticketing company, it stinks of  ‘f**k it, it’ll be a big crowd anyway and folk can just sit anywhere’.

The discount a season ticket gives over the season even if you make every game isn’t much. With work, holidays, family commitments there’s probably not many who actually make a saving from it. I don’t by a long stretch.

The reason you buy it is to guarantee your preferred seat, to get preferential treatment for buying tickets in the occasional seasons when it’s needed, but mostly to do your bit for the club.

I’m going full mixu here, but what’s the fucking point? We’ve doubled our season ticket numbers this season, some of whom might have bought them with the thought of tickets for big European matches and cup ties in mind, and the club have already alienated them.

This rant end.

Next rant in 5-4-3-

I’ve got a season ticket in the east, I haven’t had a chance to even have signal until now, so no doubt we’ll be punted out to a different stand. I’ll be totally honest and say that’s properly pissed me off, since the East stand is the best place to be and the whole point of me having a ticket. It’s not going to stop me supporting the team though, but saints are rightly going to get a massive backlash over this from season ticket holders especially ones who bought tickets last season and didn’t get into a single game. Poor from the club and it’s not a good start to a massive week for the club as a whole. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I’ve got a season ticket in the east, I haven’t had a chance to even have signal until now, so no doubt we’ll be punted out to a different stand. I’ll be totally honest and say that’s properly pissed me off, since the East stand is the best place to be and the whole point of me having a ticket. It’s not going to stop me supporting the team though, but saints are rightly going to get a massive backlash over this from season ticket holders especially ones who bought tickets last season and didn’t get into a single game. Poor from the club and it’s not a good start to a massive week for the club as a whole. 

Theres only 3 seats left in the East, and they're all single seats in the middle of blocks. Main stand seems to have less than 20 left too.

Club have completely fucked over season ticket holders but I doubt they care. Hopefully someone reminds them in 12 months when Steve Brown is back mewling about how many never renewed next Summer.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres only 3 seats left in the East, and they're all single seats in the middle of blocks. Main stand seems to have less than 20 left too.

Club have completely fucked over season ticket holders but I doubt they care. Hopefully someone reminds them in 12 months when Steve Brown is back mewling about how many never renewed next Summer.

Perhaps it would be more beneficial for season ticket holders to voice their concerns regarding this fiasco to the club now.

Since I've wasted a couple of hours making assumptions (at least it's raining) I'll go again. 

Saints are possibly in a situation where they can't go to town publicly on this ticket mob as they are still relying on them to provide a service, however inadequate? 

At least we haven't all been charged the £2.50 booking fee (how much of that goes directly to them?) for tickets. 

Is it outwith realms of possibility that it all does, therefore they've made five figures possibly for sending out a few emails over the last couple of weeks. Emails that don't even print out properly, if that's what folk prefer to do.

30 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I remember being at a cup game once where there was no allocated seating and some total oddball came over and started going ‘but that’s my seat’ patter. Boo hoo, if you’re not fast you’re last.

Exactly, boo fucking hoo, moaning wee bitches. There's enough seats for us all, enjoy the experience of another stand and probably being 100m from the Shecks and Muirs of this world.

Just managed to get on now, no main or east according to the site.  Got the Ormond, which will be strange! 

Being an old fart  I like the main stand, which is why my season ticket is there.  

Just could have been better done with 24hours notice.  Don't think anyone thought tickets would be on sale before the united match.

Since my season ticket is in the red zone one don’t have the choice to get my seat for this game saints are dammed of the do or dammed if they don’t in this situation, but f**k it let’s get behind the team and win this game so we all have a chance to moan at the club at the next European game 

46 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Always thought rail seats in that section would be a great idea. If we progress we’ll have the money to do it…

I believe Bev informally looked into it before. Cost was prohibitive. Not sure how much it was but it was suggested if someone sponsored it to cover the cost it could be achievable. 

"The B I N N   G R O U P section" 😂