Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, TheRealNumber5 said:

Miller was suggesting that based on history that those six clubs are bigger than us and of course they are, we never argue that and don’t feel the need to argue it. He wouldn’t be drawn on the fact we’re a better team at the moment and when someone suggested on recent history we’re better than four of those six he claimed it was in the past and didn’t matter. 
My mind is utterly blown

Why were they even discussing it? 😴😴

What's with Scottish footballs obsession with who's a bigger club? Why does it matter? Total irrelevance. 

Struggling to understand how they get from discussing tonight's results for Saints, Aberdeen & Rangers to that old tired debate of "they're bigger clubs". Yawn. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

What's with Scottish footballs obsession with who's a bigger club? Why does it matter? Total irrelevance. 

Struggling to understand how they get from discussing tonight's results for Saints, Aberdeen & Rangers to that old tired debate of "they're bigger clubs". Yawn. 

Why exactly. It’s a bloody good question. Why. Who cares who is bigger. Our trophy cabinet is f££king sweet right now. And we’re all very grateful when we think back to where we were 34 years ago. We know our place

41 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Posted this in our thread as it's largely an interview with Burrows but I'd imagine it covers the background for the delay with your Finnish boy as well.

Heading for a brexiteer Tory utopia of no foreign nationals in teams in the Scottish game outside the Old Firm. With even more inflated prices for British players. 

Likewise below Championship down South. 

Whole system built around the wealthy clubs and it'll just make the gap wider unless they come up with a plan after this window (I don't think the home office will support anything after the process is binned after this window as Gov don't want foreign nationals coming here regardless if job, unless they're rich)

Knock on impacts to other things like foreign TV deals as well as there won't be their players here to watch. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

9 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I suspect its to do with WM being on the show.

Afraid he is well past his sell by date, and doesnt really bring anything to a show (Sat or midweek) that is also getting tedious and at times unlistenable.

If there was some alternative for football on the radio (apart from Clyde for obvs reasons), I am fairly sure most fans of the non Rangers/Celtic clubs would flock to it.

Really great to see a non OF side having a real good go at the European ties. Especially good to watch how four guys (Clark, Rooney, Kerr and Kane) who have played for QOS have come on since those days. They were all good with us, although Rooney had his bombscare moments now and again. Clark and Kerr were especially good and you could see their quality. Chris Kane always worked his socks off for the team to get us up the park, but wasn't that prolific in terms of goals, and I was never that confident that he'd put away one-on-ones, so it's great to see that he's come on so well now.

Enjoy the fun Saintees and keep it going! 👍

Another excellent performance in Europe which we should have won> Happy with 1v1.

I too would would rest as many as possible on Sunday. those that played 120minutes against Arbroath tired late in the second half and lost a bit of concentration. We are not going to get relegated and the rearward for a win on Thursday is much greater than a top 6 finish also more great European nights up to Christmas

I would play the same team next week.

If Wotherspoon is available for selection and is fit enough we need to get him in for minutes I’d say.

Clark

Brown
Kerr
Muller
McCart
Devine

Bryson
Gilmour
Wotherspoon

May
Hendry

It sounds wrong sacrificing a league fixture but Thursday is huge.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If Wotherspoon is available for selection and is fit enough we need to get him in for minutes I’d say.

Clark

Brown
Kerr
Muller
McCart
Devine

Bryson
Gilmour
Wotherspoon

May
Hendry

Would be happy with this assuming Zander's knee is OK, although would prefer to rest Kerr over Gordon - sure he was rested against Arbroath and shouldn't need 2 days off in 2 weeks. 

If Bryson can't manage 90 Craig will have had a full week off and should be fine. 

31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Clark

Brown
Kerr
Muller
McCart
Devine

Bryson
Gilmour
Wotherspoon

May
Hendry

I'd broadly agree with this - Kane should be wrapped in cotton wool - would be happy to see him not even on bench - and potentially Middleton too.

May needs minutes and .....surely he might come good one day? It'll certainly help him starting and not being thrown on to do nothing at the end of games, but Arbroath is the stickler in that theory.

As for the defence, its just hard deciding which drops out for Muller - was Gordon noticeably more tired? Again there might be some logic in protecting Kerr

I suspect Kerr still has a slight knock so probably be rested. Gordon is the one to organise and others have said missed Arbroath and I think McCart needs to play in order to forget about the game last night and get it out his system, so for that reason Jason gets a rest. Agreed with others, Booth, Davidson, Clark, Kane all drop out for sure. Get minutes into Middleton, May and if you can either Bryson or Gilmour and the result will be what it will be. 

On a side note, another European team whose forum wants rid of their manager after playing saints. Another team who apparently played poorly and simply have to up their game next week to beat us. It's almost a recurring theme no matter what country we're in!

Can Clarke ignore our European conquering first team forever?

Zander Clark, Jason Kerr and Chris Kane in the next full international squad.

As a target man, Chris Kane is as effective as Lyndon Dykes or Ollie McBurnie.  The incredible transformation of a bit part player to million pound international striker will be a fairytale told for years to come.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

As a target man, Chris Kane is as effective as Lyndon Dykes or Ollie McBurnie.  The incredible transformation of a bit part player to million pound international striker will be a fairytale told for years to come.

Thought he was absolutely incredible last night, as he has been for the last year at least. Lovely now to see he’s silenced the doubters and that fans of other clubs starting to notice. His ability to win fouls has been absolutely vital in the big games