Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't think that Wotherspoon can play if not in the squad named tonight?

Hes a registered member of the squad so can play.

Vertainen isn't.

Just now, Saint Stevo said:
4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:
Don't think that Wotherspoon can play if not in the squad named tonight?

He's registered in the Europa Conference squad for us even though he missed the game tonight. I think he is still eligible for next Thursday?

Excellent, didn't know he was in the squad. Good call.

What's that old fud Miller been saying now? Aberdeens result tonight is a better one than Saints? Saints play anti football? Aberdeen have won more trophies in the last decade than Saints?
Just saying we aren't a top 6 side and that OF, Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are bigger than us. Don't think a single person on show agreed with him. He was going on about history blah blah old man pish you know [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Saint Stevo said:

Just saying we aren't a top 6 side and that OF, Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are bigger than us. Don't think a single person on show agreed with him. He was going on about history blah blah old man pish you know emoji23.png

Oaft. c***s like him, Strachan etc. Should be nowhere near football punditry in this country, never mind near the game.

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints will probably end all sales when United sell out!

Must be about 2800 away fans if they’re allowed the usual two sections of the Main Stand and the North Stand.

Potentially upto 4000 depending on how many of them buy for the Ormond Stand as well.

Make It Rain Money GIF

Just saying we aren't a top 6 side and that OF, Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are bigger than us. Don't think a single person on show agreed with him. He was going on about history blah blah old man pish you know [emoji23]

I thought Miller was fair tbh. Dundee Utd ARE a bigger club because they have more supporters, a bigger stadium and have achieved more in the game. Miller said however that he wasn’t suggesting United are a better club than St Johnstone.

11 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I thought Miller was fair tbh. Dundee Utd ARE a bigger club because they have more supporters, a bigger stadium and have achieved more in the game. Miller said however that he wasn’t suggesting United are a better club than St Johnstone.

^^^ willie's his hero.

FWIW I don’t think he was wildly wrong but to basically suggest that these teams have a divine right to be finishing top six above ourselves just because they’re historically bigger was a bit of a nonsense given only Aberdeen have consistently finished above us the last 10 seasons. 

Edited by PSJ.84

It's just more the fact that we've won 3 cups in 7 years, consistently finished top 6 and the recognition is still zero.

We are still viewed as a wee team who are over achieving. I don't mind that necessarily, just give us a bit of credit FFS [emoji23]

Miller was suggesting that based on history that those six clubs are bigger than us and of course they are, we never argue that and don’t feel the need to argue it. He wouldn’t be drawn on the fact we’re a better team at the moment and when someone suggested on recent history we’re better than four of those six he claimed it was in the past and didn’t matter. 
My mind is utterly blown