Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Was at the game and as a non Saints supporter (well have a soft spot as it was my grandads club when we went to Muirton) I though the team effort was immense. The guys across from the main stand did their bit to create a good atmosphere and in general it was a feel good game. Thought the Turks had their first goal too easy but was delighted with the equaliser albeit was hard to see from the North stand. I know it's how you guys play but felt the gap between the midfield and defence was too tight and allowed them to take over the midfield coming into the second half and the next two goals were well worked. Fourth goal was a mare and totally gutting. McCann was fucking awesome, what an engine, what a player. May mixed it up when he came on and what can I say about big Sully's footwork for the second goal, for a big laddie that was immense close control and amazing cross ball.

As a "neutral" I struggle I am at a loss to say I have seen such an inept refereeing performance. He was either told that Galatasaray were in the next round by UEFA or he had them on paddypower

Came away gutted about the result as at half time I thought it was going to happen but thought you guys must be so proud of that team and support tonight.

Wish you well for the rest of the season

Edited by Rammit Bawdeep

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

This. Absolutely unbelievable performance, a massive stand out. His engine, his touch, his reading of the game was miles above anyone else in blue. If we have him after the end of the transfer window it will be a minor miracle.

I thought that he looked massively comfortable at that the level tonight - he could very easily step up to a level above our league.

52 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He did spent the first 45 mins last week getting absolutely shagged. 

Although if it was tactical it would scream of over thinking it.

Was at fault for Watts goal on Sunday,let him run off him,from half way,third goal tonight is his area and he’s way too far forward,Brown picked as he’s better defensively imo 

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

Only 2 years to go until you celebrate 50 years since you’ve won f**k all.

bless...ask yourself where are all those fans on a Saturday..thats right they are sitting in the house pretending to support a glasgow team....and you didnt even realise that was who i was having a go at.

Was at fault for Watts goal on Sunday,let him run off him,from half way,third goal tonight is his area and he’s way too far forward,Brown picked as he’s better defensively imo 
It was Muller that fucked the shape for Watts goal was it not?

30 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

It was Muller that fucked the shape for Watts goal was it not?

Muller had his man,Liam Gordon had no one,butRooney let Watt run off him from own half,strolled back,and was posted missing for the goal 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Got asked last night what I would take for McCann.

After his last 2 performances we should be demanding at least £4m

I think we'll find out soon, tbh.

Plenty of talk from folk outwith Saints that he was only staying until we got knocked out the Europa, and now we'll start negotiating with teams.

Absolutely no chance teams aren't seriously interested after the past week.

The good thing is that McCann is still improving all the time, so the teams that are interested now probably know that this is their window. He might be out of reach by the time the next one comes around.

But if they don't meet our valuation then it's a starting point for January when you are bidding for a better player with (likely) more international experience.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think we'll find out soon, tbh.

Plenty of talk from folk outwith Saints that he was only staying until we got knocked out the Europa, and now we'll start negotiating with teams.

Absolutely no chance teams aren't seriously interested after the past week.

Apparently has been offers but they just haven't been to the level worth being seriously considered.

If McCann moves for big money, then we should be absolutely screaming to the rooftops that over young players come to us. We’ve brought through a plethora of talent recently and our academy is getting better.

Granted we probably don’t have facilities of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or the old firm but I’d say the days of catching their leftovers are over.

10 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Only complaint was they were reeling when it went to 1-1 and we just let them have the contriol fo the game back and didn't pressure them at all after that

Agree they were reeling but thought that was because we were putting pressure on after the goal. Half time came to early and was a reset for the Turks. 

1 minute ago, Johnstoun said:

Some of the pressing was absolutely perfect, but the lack of an out ball was really obvious, Middleton would have made a big difference there I think.

I’m going to agree with this. That defence was there to drive at, every time Middleton gets the ball his first thought is forward and get the head up. Mickey just doesn’t quite have that same ability and never really got a chance to use his pace effectively. 

Ive held off posting from last night, but I’ll say it again, what a team. To a man they gave everything and yes we lost a couple of goals that were preventable, but for 135 minutes we went toe to toe with this team and gave them serious issues. Ali McCann was immense, the kid plays better the better the opposition and honestly the sky is the limit for him. Everyone else worked their socks off and whilst they’ll be disappointed what an experience, seeing Perth rocking like that, great effort from the majority of fans. 

A side note on the referee. He was poor, like really poor. Did he have an impact on the game, probably not, but there was a stark contrast in the way he refereed the game after half time. He suddenly started to quite literally give them everything and saints nothing. Really frustrating watching it. 

Finally, at least I can now say that a saints crowd wound Patrick Van Aanholt up so much he was rattled into a booking and had to be calmed down. Amazing! 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Liam Craig last night getting booked for losing his mind for not getting a free kick. After he without doubt dived. 🤦‍♂️ 

Is anyone at risk of/suspended for the next tie?

If it’s 2 bookings then Kane is out of the next match. But dunno if it’s been increased to 3 for the qualifying rounds?