Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Robert Thomson saying "the Turks" don't expect Babel to play.

No idea if thats Turkish media who have come over, or the Galatasaray staff tbh, but it would be a massive bonus if true. Thought he was their most dangerous player by a distance despite only playing half the match.

Or its just the aforementioned mind games of claiming that before he starts.

Turkish press swallowing Fatih's weather complaints: "Terim's concern: 20 degrees difference!" the headline screams. But I prefer the subheads above and underneath that claim: "The coach is not afraid of rivals or full stands', and "The stadium will be full and there will be enthusiastic fans, we are used to that too."

A year ago, words like that, from a giant of European football, kinda shiteing it about Saints' support, would have seemed like a dream. Actually anytime, seems like a dream.

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 07.35.21.png

Edited by Mr Heliums

You just have to take this all in and enjoy it. Back page headlines in Turkey, about to take on their biggest club all square and all to play for in a  sold out McDiarmid Park.

Wouldn’t even have dreamed of this as a youngster supporting Saints it would have seemed so far fetched.

Magnificent.

Is their manager seriously mentioning the weather? What will it be, like 14c or something? It's hardly Siberia in the middle of winter FFS. 

Istanbul also reaches low temperatures in January, it’s not like they’re playing in unfamiliar weather.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Robert Thomson saying "the Turks" don't expect Babel to play.

No idea if thats Turkish media who have come over, or the Galatasaray staff tbh, but it would be a massive bonus if true. Thought he was their most dangerous player by a distance despite only playing half the match.

Or its just the aforementioned mind games of claiming that before he starts.

Meaningless Internet chatter but on reddit last time they all thought Babel was shit. 

I thought he looked lazy but capable of dribbling into our net if he wanted to. Would be happy to see him not there. 

If only their boss didn't fancy playing Boey

My instinct is that this "leaked" team is more games from them. The guy Feghouli was free to leave a week ago. 

I thought Babel looked very dangerous last time out against Rooney. Famous last words but I'd be happier with Turan starting than him. 

Yeah, multiple reports on Twitter yesterday suggesting that Babel is one of eight players who have been told that they are no longer needed. Galatasaray treating him the same way as Falcao to free up space on the wage bill. As Radford says, it can maybe be taken with a pinch of salt at this point.

Edited by The Real Saints

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yeah, multiple reports on Twitter yesterday suggesting that Babel is one of eight players who have been told that they are no longer needed. Galatasaray treating him the same way as Falcao to free up space on the wage bill. As Radford says, it can maybe be taken with a pinch of salt at this point.

Would be really short sighted on their part. Unless they assume they can get them off their wage bill by the end if today, they would have been better playing their best players to put saints out tonight and guarantee the extra cash from the European games until Christmas. Small change for them, but all will help. Although, they cannot be that hard up after spending €7m on a player yesterday. 

I'd take it with a punch of salt too. I'm sure Davidson will set the players up to play against their strongest team and anything less would be a bonus. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

image.thumb.png.be872eac4116f54546cc1474ccc87266.png

Perfect football conditions at kickoff and possibly a wee bit rain for the sliding celebrations when we knock them out on penalties.

Their manager is at it. Pretty clever though, gives him a making of an excuse if they get knocked out maybe he thinks it will make saints think they have some advantage over them because of the weather. Both are obviously wrong. 

56 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Perfect football conditions at kickoff and possibly a wee bit rain for the sliding celebrations when we knock them out on penalties.

Their manager is at it. Pretty clever though, gives him a making of an excuse if they get knocked out maybe he thinks it will make saints think they have some advantage over them because of the weather. Both are obviously wrong. 

Convinced they feel their best chance of winning is if we chase the game and try and press them. 

"It's cold, were not up for it" 🤨