Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder what Galatasaray players are thinking tonight, after training on the pitch and experiencing the dressing room. Their manager has already been moaning about the weather and how its absolutely freezing for them, and talking about how "rocking" the atmosphere will be tomorrow.

Half a chance if they just can't be arsed as it'll be freezing in the dressing room we give them, then freezing on the pitch with no fans behind them.

Mind games, if his team perform they win , it's that simple.

I liked the bit about 20 degrees difference and he doesn't know how they'll cope. Then he's reminded it was the same for Saints last week and changes it too how rocking the place will be, a bit like what Saints had to endure last week. The boys at it.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I liked the bit about 20 degrees difference and he doesn't know how they'll cope. Then he's reminded it was the same for Saints last week and changes it too how rocking the place will be, a bit like what Saints had to endure last week. The boys at it.

Is it mind games when all he's doing is handing excuses to a fractured squad who are in a bad run and could implode if things go against them?

Galatasaray players will be used to a loud atmosphere.

What I’m hopeful for is the cold weather catches out a team without their number one goalkeeper and who haven’t started their season and are still shaky on confidence.

7 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Is it mind games when all he's doing is handing excuses to a fractured squad who are in a bad run and could implode if things go against them?

I think it is aye. Fatih Terim is probably the greatest Turkish manager ever, he knows what to say and when to say it. I'll say it again, if Galatasaray turn up and play to their potential, they win. What we need is a bit of luck,  like the first leg, and to be in our best form then it becomes very interesting. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Yeah he's an old fashioned coach, biggest surprise was there was no claims of any key players being injured before they miraculously make the line up.

Just enjoy the fact a hugely decorated coach is in Perth talking about the atmosphere and trying to play games.

Like 15 years ago he was named one of the top 10 managers on the planet, now he's playing mind games against who'll start with Chris Kane up front.

I usually park up near the  the Glover Arms but thinking it might be a bit small unless arriving early. Does anyone park on the road to the Ruthven roundabout? 
google maps not updated enough to see but looks as it could be quite easy to get to/from the north side of McDiarmid  

Edited by saint pogo

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah he's an old fashioned coach, biggest surprise was there was no claims of any key players being injured before they miraculously make the line up.

Just enjoy the fact a hugely decorated coach is in Perth talking about the atmosphere and trying to play games.

Like 15 years ago he was named one of the top 10 managers on the planet, now he's playing mind games against who'll start with Chris Kane up front.

So he’s the Turkish Tommy Wright? 

1 hour ago, saint pogo said:

I usually park up near the  the Glover Arms but thinking it might be a bit small unless arriving early. Does anyone park on the road to the Ruthven roundabout? 
google maps not updated enough to see but looks as it could be quite easy to get to/from the north side of McDiarmid  

Is that the Bertha Park roundabout? 

You'll not be able to park on the road from the roundabout to McDiarmid but you could in Inveralmond I suppose and walk up the road. The back gate will probably be open but even if it isn't you should be able to get over the hill bit before the fence. Never tried though.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The average temperature in Istanbul in January and February is 6 degrees C. We’re about 2-3 deg C.  It rains in Istanbul as well.

As good as McDiarmid will be, they’ve played in some of the most hostile atmospheres in Europe.

He’s definitely at it!

He's trying to get us to go chasing them and come out of shape to harass them because we think they're not up for it. Not sure we'll fall for that.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is that the Bertha Park roundabout? 

You'll not be able to park on the road from the roundabout to McDiarmid but you could in Inveralmond I suppose and walk up the road. The back gate will probably be open but even if it isn't you should be able to get over the hill bit before the fence. Never tried though.

Aye that’s it.  I guess even if had to park further into Inveralmond would only be a 15 min walk.  
…as long as the gates open

Might be a good way to miss the traffic after.