Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

A lot of them are people who have maybe been to the 2014 Cup Final and maybe one or two of the last lot of European games where there was obviously far less hassle getting tickets.

In an ideal world we'd have had an extra week to get this sorted, could maybe have done a ST holder pre sale with people allowed to buy four or five per ST and the rest in a well controlled general sale over the course of a week. That couldn't happen for obvious reasons, but despite that we've managed to sell the place out in little over 24 hours.

Yep, the fact it is going to sell out in just a couple of days with minimal Turkish interference will show the club have done it the right way in the circumstances.

Maybe it’ll make folk consider getting a season ticket to avoid all this hoohaa in future, if they really do actually want to support Saints that is. 

Would like to see Saints politely respond once the sell out is confirmed clearly pointing out what seems the bleeding obvious regarding their inability to answer the calls. 

How can they possibly manage to answer potentially HUNDREDS of calls a minute coming in? You'd need a team of 400 to do that and a quite expensive queing system on the phone line. Neither of which are remotely possible.

Common sense really.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I get that not everyone is able to buy a season ticket, but to proclaim that since you didn’t get a ticket to the single most sought after game in saints history you’re not going to support saints any more! That’s not a fan, that’s someone looking for an Instagram or Facebook post to show that they go to games. Give me the 3000 core fans every day of the week, the ones who sit in the pouring rain and snow in December and encourage the team every step of the way. You’ve just got to look at the atmosphere in the Scottish Cup Semi on 2014 when all the day trippers didn’t bother and you had your core fans, what a day that was and what a noise produced for the entirety of the game, even after we went 1-0 down early on. 

Not sure if I’m on my own here but reckon many people with season tickets won’t be using their seats? I’ve got a single ticket in the east stand but in order to sit with my dad and brother I had to move to the north stand so my season ticket seat is currently empty. I’m hoping nobody else has done the same and there’ll be hundreds of empty seats in the east stand come Thursday [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, CrieffSaint said:

Not sure if I’m on my own here but reckon many people with season tickets won’t be using their seats? I’ve got a single ticket in the east stand but in order to sit with my dad and brother I had to move to the north stand so my season ticket seat is currently empty. I’m hoping nobody else has done the same and there’ll be hundreds of empty seats in the east stand come Thursday emoji23.png

Think this will be the case for quite a few people mate. There will also be season ticket holders who can’t attend.

How many Turks are we expecting to sneak through the cracks?

12 minutes ago, CrieffSaint said:

Not sure if I’m on my own here but reckon many people with season tickets won’t be using their seats? I’ve got a single ticket in the east stand but in order to sit with my dad and brother I had to move to the north stand so my season ticket seat is currently empty. I’m hoping nobody else has done the same and there’ll be hundreds of empty seats in the east stand come Thursday emoji23.png

I’m in this boat, have tried to lend my ticket to other people so far, to no avail. 

Long time lurker, first time poster - searching and begging for a ticket! Being doing the 'line busy' dance with the ticket office for two days now (not their fault, they are doing a top job) but still no joy. I'm looking for just one ticket - any stand, any row, any seat! If any of the season ticket holders that are interested in renting out their ticket are looking to offer a random act of kindness, I'd gladly pay the 25 quid for it.  I'm one of the old 'Muirton 1980s dark days' lot. Molly Brown was my first goalscoring hero, but I'm not looking for a medal for it - just a ticket!

38 minutes ago, St. Donza said:

Long time lurker, first time poster - searching and begging for a ticket! Being doing the 'line busy' dance with the ticket office for two days now (not their fault, they are doing a top job) but still no joy. I'm looking for just one ticket - any stand, any row, any seat! If any of the season ticket holders that are interested in renting out their ticket are looking to offer a random act of kindness, I'd gladly pay the 25 quid for it.  I'm one of the old 'Muirton 1980s dark days' lot. Molly Brown was my first goalscoring hero, but I'm not looking for a medal for it - just a ticket!

^^^ Turk found. It was only a matter of time before they infiltrated Pie and Bovril. 

54 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

^^^ Turk found. It was only a matter of time before they infiltrated Pie and Bovril. 

Thanks Bonksy😉 Genuine Saint looking/praying for a ticket to see my team on what promises to be a night that we will tell the grandkids about.  I'll keep on dialing and keep the fingers crossed that a ticket might just come my way. Wish me luck!

Edited by St. Donza
spelling