Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The area behind the dug outs which has a fair cluster of season ticket holders is not being handed back to the season ticket holders though! So they will all need moved to appropriate seats as well! 

I don't think the tickets issued will apply in terms of designated ST seats.

There's every reason to not let them in, this could turn ugly very very quickly. 

It’s UEFA’s fault really for not letting away fans attend. This was always going to happen and it could happen to any club playing in the competition. Nobody can blame Turks in Scotland, perhaps even the UK, for wanting to go to the match. It’s fair game and any of us would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

I don’t mind seeing Turks in the home end, just hope any banter between fans is good natured and not taken too seriously.

I read on another forum of a large numbers of fans travelling to away games all over central Europe so far, sometimes outnumbering the home fans.

UEFA are not happy with this and don't want to be seen to encourage any travel just now (After a pan - Europe Euros) so are now cracking down on all further rounds in the qualifiers.

You can bet as soon as the group stage start this ban will be lifted.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s UEFA’s fault really for not letting away fans attend. This was always going to happen and it could happen to any club playing in the competition. Nobody can blame Turks in Scotland, perhaps even the UK, for wanting to go to the match. It’s fair game and any of us would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

I don’t mind seeing Turks in the home end, just hope any banter between fans is good natured and not taken too seriously.

If they have their colours on they shouldn't be let in, it's that simple. Will it happen? I doubt it. Then when Saints get the inevitable fine they'll no doubt plead innocence when it could've all been nipped in the bud before the turnstiles. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

There's every reason to not let them in, this could turn ugly very very quickly. 

Exactly. 

+ As @realmadrid said after. They're officially banned. We got an obscene fine for one Palestinian flag and a flood. Imagine what they'd do if we let their fans in and then there was issues... 

Just now, tree house tam said:

If they have their colours on they shouldn't be let in, it's that simple. Will it happen? I doubt it. Then when Saints get the inevitable fine they'll no doubt plead innocence when it could've all been nipped in the bud before the turnstiles. 

Double posting but you posted at same time as me. I think we're going to find to avoid them any chance of getting in that there won't be an open sale of tickets. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Exactly. 

+ As @realmadrid said after. They're officially banned. We got an obscene fine for one Palestinian flag and a flood. Imagine what they'd do if we let their fans in and then there was issues...

I think if we've learned one thing over the past few weeks, it's that Galatasaray fans are a sensible, stable minded, group.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think if we've learned one thing over the past few weeks, it's that Galatasaray fans are a sensible, stable minded, group.

Are they coming over for this game?

Yeah I agree - anyone showing up in Gala colours should be refused. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we should willingly open the door to them. Realistically that’s all Saints can do. If Gala fans turn up with no colours on then what can you do? “Sorry mate, you look Turkish so you can’t come in.”

It would be the same if we drew an English team in Europe. We’d all be scrambling for tickets in the home end. Don’t think UEFA have a leg to stand on and it would be a disgrace to fine clubs. There’s little clubs can do to combat this. UEFA should have just allowed away allocations and give people the choice to travel abroad and risk having to isolate etc IMO.

28 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It would be the same if we drew an English team in Europe. We’d all be scrambling for tickets in the home end. Don’t think UEFA have a leg to stand on and it would be a disgrace to fine clubs. There’s little clubs can do to combat this. UEFA should have just allowed away allocations and give people the choice to travel abroad and risk having to isolate etc IMO.

Do agree. 

Especially after Uefa just lined their pockets with the Euros quite happily allowing everyone to travel miles for games. Wales to Azerbaijan etc

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.