Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Regarding our attacking play, is there the chance that our attackers are spent doing such a good job defending and closing down?

We have been great at harrying teams, defending from the front since Davidson came in, but we do seem to lack that spark in the final third.  Quality players as well who have proven they can finish well, look at Spoony at Galatasary.

Seems overly critical with our results and performances the last while, but we're going to need goals from somewhere you feel.

Still early days obviously, might just be start of season rustiness.  

I do agree with this and May also had some nice touches and intelligent passing that we don't get as much from Kane or Hendry. 

It's solely finishing that's my complaint with him, and I think such a degree of it is mental and some might follow the first one. 

9 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
9 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Yeah was thinking planning" but aye probably involves the h&s as well as involving local health officials as well. 
The more I think about it the more I think emoji107.png

It will likely rely on saints demonstrating some sort of plan, but he did say it helps there will be no away fans.

How will the club ensure that though? I'd imagine Galatasaray have a huge following in the UK, so would be difficult having an open sale.

8 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Looking forward to the seethe when the capacity for Thursday is announced.

This comment gives me a horrible feeling it'll be closer to what we had yesterday than a full house.

Had a feeling the club knew that was coming the moment they made it public that the decision was entirely in the councils hands aswell tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

This comment gives me a horrible feeling it'll be closer to what we had yesterday than a full house.
Had a feeling the club knew that was coming the moment they made it public that the decision was entirely in the councils hands aswell tbh.

Yeah, I think the club know they’re on a hiding to nothing from the council.

4 days to prepare. You’d imagine they’ll receive a decision early today though.

You’re looking forward to Saints fans being angry and upset for missing out on tickets to one of the biggest games in their history?
Yes because some real heads gone moments yesterday about weeds, cost to park, a letter falling off the stand name, the icing on their donut being too runny, oh and the Ultimate one fan having a meltdown as his season ticket seat was unavailable.... So I can only imagine the reaction when/if it's not going to be a full house for Thursday. Should be fun.

9 hours ago, Radford said:

I think it's fair enough if folk are disappointed with the way McDiarmid and environs look at the moment. Maybe not worth ranting about but don't think it's wrong to feel the place could look a bit neater. Hopefully any European windfall can address some of that.

Part of the car park issue is that the stewards obviously aren't allowed to direct traffic onto the main road and Police Scotland routinely tell the club they don't have the staff numbers to provide traffic officers. So even if the club put a really effective exit plan together, it would all fall apart if the police couldn't be bothered turning up. 

If we thought the (first) Scottish Cup let us take car park improvements to previously unimaginable new heights, just imagine what might be possible with UEFA's bounty. Inspirational.

20 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Is the issue with Thursday who we are playing as much as anything? EG if this was a Trnava or Trakai I assume we would have had no issues and heard by now? 

Not sure but also unsure why it would matter.

While you don't want Galatasaray fans in the home end if they do buy tickets they'll be UK based fans and as far as covid rules are concerned they're entitled to attend the game as much as everyone else.

In terms of covid rules the counci can't say it's fine for @The Real Saints to travel from London but it's an problem for a Turkish person who lives in Perth to attend simply because they MIGHT support Galatasaray, their concern is covid rules only. 

wouldn't surprise me though

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

20 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

While you don't want Galatasaray fans in the home end if they do buy tickets they'll be UK based fans and as far as covid rules are concerned they're entitled to attend the game as much as everyone else.

If they're wearing colours they shouldn't be let in, it's that simple. 

Apparently Kerr swap for Drey Wright is Confirmed and the reason Kerr was not involved yesterday.

Must’ve imagined that contract offer and Kerr making it clear he’s happy.