Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It's an earlier kick off on Thursday too. 7pm.

Christ, I'll have some fun making that.

Work in Scone but live in Letham, took me 50 minutes to get him on Friday there, and guess traffic will be worse due to this game.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Work in Scone but live in Letham, took me 50 minutes to get him on Friday there, and guess traffic will be worse due to this game.

Aye the roadworks aren't great. It's horrendous around clocking off time! Wonder when they're finished though?

Get changed at work before leaving just in case you need to just dump the car at the front door and run down cause missing it ain't an option! 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Aye the roadworks aren't great. It's horrendous around clocking off time! Wonder when they're finished though?

Was meant to be 2 weeks, starting from August 1st, so end of next week should be the time.

I'll just leave work at 3 😂

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Get changed at work before leaving just in case you need to just dump the car at the front door and run down cause missing it ain't an option! 

There's a gap in the roadworks Wednesday to Sunday it seems so you might be alright?

Screenshot_20210807-112656_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don’t think you’ll make it, mate. Probably a better idea to give away your ticket to somebody else. You should probably prioritise someone who has already purchased Megabus tickets for a 24-hour round trip between London and Perth. That kind of foolhardy, cheapskate behaviour deserves a reward.

If you built up enough speed going down Stormont Rd, into the Palace grounds, shut your eyes, said a little prayer, I reckon you could cross the river and come out just opposite Inveralmond.

Edited by Radford

52 minutes ago, Radford said:

If you built up enough speed going down Stormont Rd, into the Palace grounds, shut your eyes, said a little prayer, I reckon you could cross the river and come out just opposite Inveralmond.

Or you could pick him in that yellow contraption you have.....

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I'm sure the Monaco game was only just over 7000 because it kicked off at something stupid like 4pm on a working day.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Monaco at home was a 5 o'clock kick off and I believe just over 7,500 was the attendance.

Ps. It's an earlier kick off on Thursday too. 7pm.

Aye fair dos, for some reason I thought it was full. Can't remember much about that game at all to be honest, remember the away trip far more.

Looking back, if the various internet sources are accurate, our biggest European crowds at McD are all similar; 8594 v Minsk, 8486 v Lucerne, 8392 v VPS Vaasa.

@perthsaint1977 Is the subs spaced out (as in distanced) in the main stand requirement set to continue even after social distancing rules are removed?

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye fair dos, for some reason I thought it was full. Can't remember much about that game at all to be honest, remember the away trip far more.

Looking back, if the various internet sources are accurate, our biggest European crowds at McD are all similar; 8594 v Minsk, 8486 v Lucerne, 8392 v VPS Vaasa.

@perthsaint1977 Is the subs spaced out (as in distanced) in the main stand requirement set to continue even after social distancing rules are removed?

Social distancing isn't being removed from the rules by the joint Response group so will still be mandatory for clubs to observe.

[mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention] Is the subs spaced out (as in distanced) in the main stand requirement set to continue even after social distancing rules are removed?
As far as I'm aware yes. Until the Joint response group change the stance with regards to players and close contact carry on, then teams need to still have all this extra stuff in place.

You drove to Greenock in less time than that a few seasons ago.

32 minutes ago, Costanza said:

You drove to Greenock in less time than that a few seasons ago.

Aye but that was on an empty motorway.

If we do get a full house (or close to) then I imagine it would be fully ticketed. The logistics of ~9k people trying to buy tickets in such a short space of time is going to be a total nightmare. How are these tickets going to be sold and then collected? 

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

If we do get a full house (or close to) then I imagine it would be fully ticketed. The logistics of ~9k people trying to buy tickets in such a short space of time is going to be a total nightmare. How are these tickets going to be sold and then collected? 

It'll be all online and barcode scans of email tickets on entry I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Sold to those who know the secret password, then delivered by pigeon.

Or they'll just use the online ticketing system purpose built for these situations.

I dunno.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sold to those who know the secret password, then delivered by pigeon.

Or they'll just use the online ticketing system purpose built for these situations.

I dunno.

SORRY RANDOMGUY. I didn’t realise Saints had the capabilities to do barcode scans of emails. It’s not something I’ve ever done when I’ve attended any game ever at McDiarmid but good to know they’ve got that in place now. Hope you manage to get across the city in the 2 hour period you have before kick off x