Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

35 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Think saints are being a bit naughty here. Yes they have submitted the application but I think they should clarify when that was submitted.... otherwise PKC going to get hammered unfairly

Nothing the club have said is incorrect, though.

34 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Think saints are being a bit naughty here. Yes they have submitted the application but I think they should clarify when that was submitted.... otherwise PKC going to get hammered unfairly

Submitted yesterday brown said on the radio after last nights game, why we didn’t apply for an extension on Tuesday after the announcement is beyond me 

Any chance we were scared of getting pumped last night, tie being over and then getting pelters for demanding a full stadium only for 3-4k turn up?
There was no risk in that though, should have been in Monday at 2pm imo.

Think you're being harsh: the club surely had to explore the new guidelines, satisfy themselves that they could fulfil them, prepare a plan (probably including complicated stuff like access and egress from the stadium, coping with inevitable away supporters, liaising with police), and submit it to the council. It won't have been simple.

I know the answer to that is, 'What about Rangers?' But Rangers probably have an entire department experienced in intimidating regulatory bodies.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I'm not exactly well versed in the rules of Uefa or the covid rules in relation to what the clubs need to do but as I imagine theres quite a lot of work involved in making sure we meet the UEFA rules for the home ties. Criticism is definitely often due for the club but not sure this time. 

Its probably Scott Boyd having to do a lot of it on his own. He'll have needed to arrange the travel to Turkey, all the covid related stuff for that trip as well as having to no doubt tick the Scottish Gov boxes that they provided to allow them to travel for that. Then there's all the UEFA paperwork which I imagine is relatively substantial as well and making sure we tick all their boxes for hosting home ties. 

Then theres having to requesting and continuing to understand the moving covid rules as we had to again jump those hoops to get increased crowds, things like liaising with the IT supplier to make sure the online portal had the correct seating plans etc. 

Then having to travel to Turkey and then having to understand the new set of hoops and put that request to get through. Thats without knowing how much effort was needed to generate the paperwork to request full capacity.

Would be relatively easy to sort if we were a bigger club with numerous support staff like @Mr Heliumssaid. Most large clubs like Rangers & Celtic will also have staff with experience of dealing with the Uefa rules etc. Scott Boyd I dont believe has any.

Maybe could have been quicker but it was an early start on Wednesday to get the flight so surely we cant the guys to be working all the hours on the Tuesday to put the request in before travelling. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Hopefully the response comes back full house.  Interested to see what crowd we get.  If there's was away supporters allowed then there's a good chance it would have been over 10,000.

Think our biggest European one in recent times was about 8800 possibly v Minsk or Trvana after we'd knocked out a bigger team the previous round.  Monaco game in the late 90's was close to 10k, so maybe somewhere between those two crowds.

Obviously season ticket holders will be at this Sunday's match, but for many the first game back at McDiarmid in 18 months is a huge European tie with everything at stake hopefully with a full McDiarmid Park.. bit of a fairytale return!

I imagine we still need to put subs in the stand, so parts of the Main Stand will be out of commission for fans? No idea what numbers that brings us too though.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Hopefully the response comes back full house.  Interested to see what crowd we get.  If there's was away supporters allowed then there's a good chance it would have been over 10,000.

Think our biggest European one in recent times was about 8800 possibly v Minsk or Trvana after we'd knocked out a bigger team the previous round.  Monaco game in the late 90's was close to 10k, so maybe somewhere between those two crowds.

Obviously season ticket holders will be at this Sunday's match, but for many the first game back at McDiarmid in 18 months is a huge European tie with everything at stake hopefully with a full McDiarmid Park.. bit of a fairytale return!

If away fans were allowed even without allowing anyone to travel from Turkey they'd certainly have filled the North stand and the "away" corner of the main stand if they were given it. 

I imagine we still need to put subs in the stand, so parts of the Main Stand will be out of commission for fans? No idea what numbers that brings us too though.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah think so. Read Rangers capacity was reduced to allow the subs behind the dugout in the stand. We'll need quite a bit of space for the 12 subs in Europe as well. 

No but if it was only submitted last night say 10/11pm, it's a bit rich to lambast PKC who would only have gotten this morning.

If the council don’t give us the full house they deserve all the criticism they get. It’s a simple decision, I would argue that there isn’t even a decision - it’s obvious, it has to be a full house. That’s the bottom line.

It’s a no brainer for the council. You keep everyone in Perth happy, the 10k fans inject some cash into local businesses, if the crowd cheer the team on to victory you’re looking at another potential 10k vs Randers and guaranteed multiple European crowds regardless of the outcome of the game. Lots of money for the town and puts Perth on the map of Europe.

The Old Firm and Aberdeen have been given full houses and St Johnstone supposedly have the freedom of Perth. To not give us the #fullhouse would be one of the worst decisions the council has ever made. It would be a complete embarrassment.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm sure the Monaco game was only just over 7000 because it kicked off at something stupid like 4pm on a working day.