Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’m starting to feel like Callum Davidson’s St Johnstone team would be capable of getting a result against any team in the world. Truly surreal and bizarre in the most positive of ways. Sensational, really. I’m ready to book my train tickets for next week. Council, get it sorted immediately.

6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Correct.

Is there not some form of wildcard in which we can name a couple of new players up until the day of the game? Seen that bandied around with regards to Vertainen - may have just been for the first leg though…

Nothing to add really, except the fact this season could be fucking crazy if we keep this squad and Vertainen/Middleton manage to add what we expect them to add in the final third.

Club never stops surprising you.

No way surely that the council can refuse a full house. Political suicide if they do.

They covered a memorial garden in tarmac and didn’t get anywhere near the flak they should have.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

The Fat Grass must be fucking fuming he's been overtaken as St Johnstone'a greatest in what amounted to less than a year.

I wouldn't worry about him. He'll get another play off game this season, and we all know they're bigger games than any cup final...

I'll be honest, I thought Davidson would be a guaranteed flop. He seems to be a bit of a boring type ans the start you made last season had alarm bells going.

What an unbelievable job he's done to the point that he's added 2 trophies to your cabinet and has you competing against Galatasaray. Not even that, but a Galatasaray led by the greatest Turkish manager of all time.

Just out of this world. Obviously there's jealousy in there but it's well past that now and it's at a point where I'm just like, 'Wow. Fair fucks'.

The Fat Grass must be fucking fuming he's been overtaken as St Johnstone'a greatest in what amounted to less than a year.

He’s post Saints attitude has been a bit bizarre. He was fizzing and randomly comparing their play off final to the betfred and Scottish cup final and claiming it was bigger.

Think he’s definitely kicking himself that he’s been shown up within a year.

On 26/07/2021 at 17:44, McG said:

St mirren are also in for him, Middleton deal is as good as done too.

1365227806_tenor(3).gif.8a81f8739c95f643155927918837a1b7.gif

Turns out money doesn't get you everything in this game.

Shame.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

He’s post Saints attitude has been a bit bizarre. He was fizzing and randomly comparing their play off final to the betfred and Scottish cup final and claiming it was bigger.

Think he’s definitely kicking himself that he’s been shown up within a year.

He seems to have forgotten he was caught up in the clubs upswing, something that was happening before him and after him, and he wasn't solely responsible for it.

A shame how he now acts towards the club tbh.

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Is there not some form of wildcard in which we can name a couple of new players up until the day of the game? Seen that bandied around with regards to Vertainen - may have just been for the first leg though…

I believe it can only be done between the squad registration deadline for the round and the night before first leg. 

Brilliant result for you chaps last night, it must be amazing to be a fan of The Saintees right now............I still remember how good a feeling it was when we were competitive against the likes of St Etienne (they were a top drawer side at the time), Feyenoord (Gullit and Cruyff) and drawing away at Mechelen (who won the Cup Winners Cup that season). 

Run with it for as long as you can as unfortunately it doesn't last forever, however any youngsters who are starting out on their football journey will be fans for life on the back of it. 

Post above is exactly it and @Widge was spot on last night that at least when the bad times do inevitably arrive, we have really made our time at the top count.

It's all a club of Saints' size can do, make sure you land some punches when you get your big opportunity.

As a side note to all the positivity and good feelings right now. We've still got an issue with penalties. 

Jason scored last night and very well done to him, but he struck it really poorly and without that much conviction. Not convinced he's the answer going forward unless he starts taking them with confidence like he did against Rangers in the shoot out!

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

They covered a memorial garden in tarmac and didn’t get anywhere near the flak they should have.

Maybe. Still think it's odds -on, and the decision will have to be announced today I expect.

45 minutes ago, Widge said:

As a side note to all the positivity and good feelings right now. We've still got an issue with penalties. 

Jason scored last night and very well done to him, but he struck it really poorly and without that much conviction. Not convinced he's the answer going forward unless he starts taking them with confidence like he did against Rangers in the shoot out!

Good point. It actually seemed to be the miss hit that helped on this occasion. But we do need to have someone that's reliable.