Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Wasn't spartak trnava a complete sell out? I booked padded seats in the mainstand and arrived with all the tardiness of a main stand w****r to find the lower stand completely full, told to f**k off by the guy in my seat and stewards just shrugged. Didn't help club told folk there was no reserved seating despite issuing seated tickets. Ended up in empty sponsor seats watching game with the wife of a future saints manager. Shame the game wasn't much fun

Just looked it up. Was apparently 7000.

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

That was also a first leg. 

If we get a doing this week then we won't need more then 5,000 next week 🤣

Still reckon folk would come out just to see Galatasaray, Monaco a good example

Far too much st Mirren chat on the Saints forum. I mean, here we are mixing with Europe's elite and folk are discussing signings by a team who don't even have a top six finish to their name in the past 36 years. 

We should be looking at who clubs on our level are signing, the likes of Roma, Real Sociedad, Lyon etc.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Far too much st Mirren chat on the Saints forum. I mean, here we are mixing with Europe's elite and folk are discussing signings by a team who don't even have a top six finish to their name in the past 36 years. 

We should be looking at who clubs on our level are signing, the likes of Roma, Real Sociedad, Lyon etc.

I think its because the players in question are both players we've shown interest in. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Nope. Nor till nearer the end of the window do I see us bringing anyone else in beyond the big Finnish beast.

That deal should have been sorted 2 weeks ago and he should have been travelling.

Word on the street is the Scottish Government are doing spot checks on clubs to check the loan money is being spent for the functionality of the business.

A couple of clubs are very concerned about this, given their spending this summer.

Whether this has anything to do with St Mirren pulling out of a deal for James Scott, it wouldn't be for me to say.

Word on the street is the Scottish Government are doing spot checks on clubs to check the loan money is being spent for the functionality of the business.
A couple of clubs are very concerned about this, given their spending this summer.
Whether this has anything to do with St Mirren pulling out of a deal for James Scott, it wouldn't be for me to say.
Haha. No shock as I know from my work, that HMRC and local authorities are now investigating all covid loans and grants given to businesses over the last year or so . Lots of resources being thrown at it to find the fraudsters and businesses lining the pockets of unsavoury owners etc

1 hour ago, Radford said:

In theory what punishments could actually be dished out if breaches are found? Surely points deductions are out of the government's control, but shortening loan terms and removing favourable interest rates must be on the table?