Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

but realistically we'll likely end up 2/3 down on aggregate after both games.

And realistically we should not have won a cup double but we did. You just never know a striker could be all the difference in this tie.. 

14 minutes ago, Templar said:

And realistically we should not have won a cup double but we did. You just never know a striker could be all the difference in this tie.. 

Also, were known to be solid defensively. If we can continue that again, frustrate them etc fans might get on their back. The pressure and expectation then builds on them even more so.

We could then exploit a mistake that comes from that pressure.

All if but maybe but not ruling us out either. 

As long as we don't allow them to have an easy chance etc. 

I really wish we’d get our finger out with some signings or it’s going to cost us a chance at the group stages. Absolutely criminal that we’ve started the season with the attackers we have. We’ve known for months when these fixtures were 
There was this Chinese guy who ate a bat.....

44 minutes ago, Templar said:

It's a bit different though, this isn't a one off game for starters.

Their wage bill is slightly higher than Rangers from what I can see, and they've spent ~€20m so far on new players to add to the likes of Arda Turan, Ryan Babel and Falcao.

I'm all sort of keens for the bravado of "anything is possible, dare to dream" etc., but let's be realistic about this.

13 minutes ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
I really wish we’d get our finger out with some signings or it’s going to cost us a chance at the group stages. Absolutely criminal that we’ve started the season with the attackers we have. We’ve known for months when these fixtures were 

And that only   affected our ability to sign players? 

4 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
25 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
James Scott and St. Mirrens Covid budget again?

Our covid budget? Did we not get the same amount as you lot?

I think St. Johnstone received more. 

There's been a bit of an ongoing thing about noising up some St. Mirren fans on here by pointing out they only went for the grant to spend it on players... 

Hence the comment as well about they're offering him more than we've ever offered a player as well.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I think St. Johnstone received more. 

There's been a bit of an ongoing thing about noising up some St. Mirren fans on here by pointing out they only went for the grant to spend it on players... 

Hence the comment as well about they're offering him more than we've ever offered a player as well.

I think it's that it's arguably against the spirit of the loan of taxpayer's money to use on players rather than cushion the impact of the pandemic.

But a club needs to buy players (and even sell them for a profit) as part of normal operations. It's not really a thing IMO.

2 hours ago, Broon_100 said:

Davidson seemed pretty confident he'd have two bodies in for this game. Wonder who the second was and what happened? I don't mind waiting for Eetu, looks worth it given potential etc and the fact we need to deal with covid and brexit. Would still like to see Middleton back.

I'd guess that 90% of our UK based targets end up at clubs who offer them multiples of what we can.

2 hours ago, Broon_100 said:

Davidson seemed pretty confident he'd have two bodies in for this game. Wonder who the second was and what happened? I don't mind waiting for Eetu, looks worth it given potential etc and the fact we need to deal with covid and brexit. Would still like to see Middleton back.

I'd guess that 90% of our UK based targets end up at clubs who offer them multiples of what we can.

The government loan is means tested and St Johnstone were offered an amount commensurate with the size of the business and the loss of earnings from the best hospitalty and conference facilties in Scotland (as decided by the Football Business Awards committee). 

The loan is going to towards the recovery in these areas and safeguarding jobs. 

It's widely known in the right football circles that a couple of clubs are simply spending their whole payment on players. 

It's not for me to name the clubs but you don't need to be a genius to work out who they are. 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Can you do a pizza for Drey Wright the season he was here?

George Williams was another favourite of the Dotty Bar and blue popcorn brigade.

See also: Callachan, Ross and Paton, Paul.

@RandomGuy.

DW.thumb.png.ba571e662a30cc620c691000e5eb90a5.png

Ignore the league game, can't be arsed changing it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
4 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Whilst shagging a Pangolin....

It's a bit different though, this isn't a one off game for starters.
Their wage bill is slightly higher than Rangers from what I can see, and they've spent ~€20m so far on new players to add to the likes of Arda Turan, Ryan Babel and Falcao.
I'm all sort of keens for the bravado of "anything is possible, dare to dream" etc., but let's be realistic about this.
GTF. Let's fucking dream!