Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Drey Wright is a no from me. Zero end product and with our current crop of goal virgins up front we're going to need a LOT of creative spark.

I think the whole zero end product thing from Drey Wright because of his stats in assists and goals is overstated.

Danny McNamara was similar but got rave reviews. Upto his injury, Wright was our stand out player, and came back onto that form in his last few games. There's been a lot of revisionism on here about him purely on his stats, which do provide some info, but there's a lot more to it than that.

He was an attacking threat and was good defensively as well. He was excellent at carrying the ball from our half about 40-50 yards to get us up the park.

I'm not desperate to sign him, but if he was available and we were going to lose Rooney, it would be a good option if it's felt he's still the same player.

11 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Where did you get that from???

I'm certain I saw multiple Motherwell season ticket holders moaning that the stadium was sold out and they never got a ticket.

8 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Shame Vertainen hasn't been signed in time. Can't remember if you're allowed to register players between ties these days?

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm certain I saw multiple Motherwell season ticket holders moaning that the stadium was sold out and they never got a ticket.

Nah you've conflated things there.

We had an allocation of 4500 which was enough to cover our ST holders plus an amount to cover a limited general sale to PATG types. I'd guess the complaint(s) you possibly saw were from PATG folk in advance of the general sale who thought they weren't going to have a chance of a ticket because of perceived demand.

The club asked ST holders to let them know whether they'd be attending and if not they'd add those briefs to a general sale. Which is what happened. The general sale went live on Thursday and that was the amount of tickets less ST holders who were factored in to the allocation.

As far as I'm aware if you had a ST and confirmed your attendance you got in.

At close of play on Thursday you had general sale tickets still available for the Cooper and O'Donnell stands.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's that cleared up then, now off you pop Well fans we've got better things to talk about.

Do we...? I'm not sure we do! 

29 minutes ago, Widge said:

Do we...? I'm not sure we do! 

Someone needs to make a meme in preparation of Vertainen missing his first penalty with the tagline "Et tu, Vertainen".

I think the whole zero end product thing from Drey Wright because of his stats in assists and goals is overstated.
Danny McNamara was similar but got rave reviews. Upto his injury, Wright was our stand out player, and came back onto that form in his last few games. There's been a lot of revisionism on here about him purely on his stats, which do provide some info, but there's a lot more to it than that.
He was an attacking threat and was good defensively as well. He was excellent at carrying the ball from our half about 40-50 yards to get us up the park.
I'm not desperate to sign him, but if he was available and we were going to lose Rooney, it would be a good option if it's felt he's still the same player.
Bang on.

23 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

£4.70 a pint in Denmark in case anyone was wondering.

10 day isolation but testing and potentially be able to leave after 4 days on arrival also evidence of full vaccination required. No vaccine, no chance. 

(Fans also still going to be banned by Uefa)

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.