Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

I notice Kennedy is not involved with Aberdeen today. Would it work him coming back to us? 

I haven’t heard anything, just wondered what folk think 

St Mirren.

22 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

I notice Kennedy is not involved with Aberdeen today. Would it work him coming back to us? 

I think so. Not a wing back like Aberdeen have played him though. 

Personally really liked him. Entertaining and in tight games can make things happen as he's not shy to take the man on. 

Imagine him especially in the second half yesterday, picking the ball in between their midfield and defence like MOH did yesterday and running at them and having a strike? 😍

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Confirmed, or is that is just joking again?
Either way it would be nice for the new signings to be in for Thursday.

Can we actually register any new signings now ahead of Thursday? 

Was deadline Friday for registration or can you register up to the day before in qualifying rounds?

48 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Can we actually register any new signings now ahead of Thursday? 

Was deadline Friday for registration or can you register up to the day before in qualifying rounds?

I think you get 2 'wildcards' up to the day before the game. I'd doubt that if we signed anyone on say monday, they'd travel or play. 

Not sure, but I'd guess we travel Tueday or Wednesday, so to turn around registration, travel docs, passports etc in time, it would be too tight. 

Weirdly enough McAllister was not even on our bench. Had heard over a week ago it was a done deal to you's. Maybe we were waiting on someone coming in before we'd let Kyle leave.

21 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Drey Wright missing for Hibs too, although now get the impression we have the ability to actually identify targets rather than being restricted to re-signing players 

Not ITK at all but would be surprised if Wright was even considered for a return.

Wouldn't expect us to be signing McAllister. We simply aren't paying a fee for a limited injury prone winger who doesn't fit our set up.

Kennedy makes the most sense, but you'd imagine it would be hard financially to pull off.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Weirdly enough McAllister was not even on our bench. Had heard over a week ago it was a done deal to you's. Maybe we were waiting on someone coming in before we'd let Kyle leave.

Not been mentioned amoung Saints fans. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kennedy makes the most sense, but you'd imagine it would be hard financially to pull off.

Especially after us already spending money in this window. Can't see us spending money for fees twice in one window! 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Especially after us already spending money in this window. Can't see us spending money for fees twice in one window! 

Tbf if we're ever going to do it again, then this is the Summer.

Potentially a tie v Spartak Trnava away from £3m and Europe until Christmas. 

I’d take Kennedy and Drey Wright back if they were both free.

Kennedy on a free 18 months after getting £70k for him would be decent business. Great attacking option and an improvement on Conway who he’d be replacing.

If Rotherham offered over £1/4 million for Rooney in the final season of his contract and we got that plus Drey Wright for no fee that’s a bargain.

Middleton, those two (Wright only if Rooney is keen to leave) and the Finnish lad and we’d be in a pretty good place in terms of attacking options.

Don’t think either are likely though, think the new set up is more likely to bring in new players than former ones, which is fair enough.

If Vertainen lives us to his billing, I don't think Kennedy even starts for us.

McCann and Davidson in CM gives you almost everything you want, as Wotherspoon on the left and Vertainen on the right will both take the ball deep and either run at players or try and thread balls through. Mays movement up top should cause huge bother either taking defenders away from Wotherspoon/Vertainen, or getting on the end of their passes. Issue is working the ball up the way as we kind of depend on Kane when we go long to keep the ball, not really Mays strengths.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
is this guy just making this up or is this something that has been decided?

Suspect its another to chalk up on the "Motherwell fan sees Motherwell doing it so demands everyone copies as it must be the right thing to do" board.

From what I've seen there was no away fans at Ibrox, Tynecastle, Pittodrie or Dens, but there was away fans at Dingwall and Fir Park.

Motherwell the only club who turned away season ticket holders to allow away fans in.

is this guy just making this up or is this something that has been decided?

Apparently the council aren’t granting more than our season ticket sales.

34 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Apparently the council aren’t granting more than our season ticket sales.

Assuming the seating plan is council demands too.

Middle third of main stand is subs media officials etc.

Every 2nd row empty with 2 seats between means we’ll be doing well to get 2,500?