Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Our record is roughly 50% over the last 3/4 seasons, if you exclude shoot outs. Think its roughly 9 missed from 18, but thats from memory of looking it up last season then adding today's.

It's not as bad as you think, but it's still woeful and its absolutely costing us games on a semi-regular basis. No idea how you even resolve something like this.

Our record is roughly 50% over the last 3/4 seasons, if you exclude shoot outs. Think its roughly 9 missed from 18, but thats from memory of looking it up last season then adding today's.
It's not as bad as you think, but it's still woeful and its absolutely costing us games on a semi-regular basis. No idea how you even resolve something like this.

Ask Falkirk if we can borrow Sheerin for a day to show them how to batter them in?

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Ask Falkirk if we can borrow Sheerin for a day to show them how to batter them in?

Tbf Liam Craig was as reliable as they came, shame we didn't just sub him or May on for the penalty. 

How did Ballantyne look in pre-season?

Felt today was the right type of game for him to come into. County camped deep, space central, and we really needed "thrust" in the middle of the park. Its what he gave Montrose.

Him on for Wotherspoon was the change to try and win the match IMO, instead we brought on Craig so he could get minutes ahead of Thursday.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Him on for Wotherspoon was the change to try and win the match IMO, instead we brought on Craig so he could get minutes ahead of Thursday.

It's a fair question to ask. McCann looked underwhelming in the pre-season of 2019 but TW gambled when the proper stuff started. 

I'm not sure what word you'd use to describe that change today. I thought he was maybe bringing Craig on to get on the ball deep and allow Davidson to get in the box. 

Not that LC did badly but it's a bit of a blow for Ballantyne. 

Just now, Radford said:

I'm not sure what word you'd use to describe that change today. I thought he was maybe bringing Craig on to get on the ball deep and allow Davidson to get in the box.  

I thought the same, he would sit and free up Davidson and McCann to get closer to the strikers. Really hard to tell on a laptop as you miss all the off the ball stuff, but he seemed really advanced on the left instead? 

Felt like a game of pre-planned subs to me, tbh. 

I thought the same, he would sit and free up Davidson and McCann to get closer to the strikers. Really hard to tell on a laptop as you miss all the off the ball stuff, but he seemed really advanced on the left instead? 
Felt like a game of pre-planned subs to me, tbh. 
Looked like Craig just replaced Wotherspoon like for like tbh.

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

Looked like Craig just replaced Wotherspoon like for like tbh.

Yeah it was a bit weird.

As I say, felt like it was a case of Davidson wanting to only give May/Kane ~25/30 minutes, and also give Craig some form of run out. Wotherspoon gestured for the sub just before it, so potentially was meant to be Davidson or McCann who Craig was meant to replace.

We desperately need the attacking signings. Scoring goals and at times creating chances were our biggest issues last season and we’ve so far done nothing to address that, other than lose 3 attack minded players from the squad.  I know work will be going on behind the scenes but we really need those players in the team now. 

Hendry can’t be far away from the last chance saloon. He offered nothing and looked lost again. 

What happened/is happening with the rumoured second signing?

Moving on from today as well. 

Team for Thursday thoughts?

Clark

Rooney Kerr Gordon Mccart Devine

McCann Craig

Spoony

MOH Kane

The main reason  MOH is because we're away from home, unlikely to see as much of the ball. He's an out ball on behind or into channels to chase, win free kicks etc. A game much more suited to him than today's that's for sure. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.