Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, The Real Saints said:

His goalscoring record doesn’t seem to be particularly outstanding, but hopefully he’ll provide a bit of presence in the attack, something which I think is particularly important in the ‘front three’ system and something we’ve been missing.

I don't think he's an out-and-out centre forward. Or certainly I don't think it would stop us signing another striker. 

Signing might not work out but confident it's not a Madis Vihmann - I saw him play well this one time - type of capture. 

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

It'll be hard to keep signings from abroad quiet at the moment as you need them in the country to quarantine so people are both going to know they are here and the press in their home country are going to be questioning why they aren't involved for their current side. 

Jarkko Wiss confirmed after Ilves lost yesterday that Vertainen was on his way to Scotland. Don't imagine it's a done deal yet with all the paperwork. 

Interesting to note he's under contract... 

If you would stop using that twitter account to like posts, that would help.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I don't think he's an out-and-out centre forward. Or certainly I don't think it would stop us signing another striker. 

Signing might not work out but confident it's not a Madis Vihmann - I saw him play well this one time - type of capture. 

Mr Grieve's first pick up presumably? Unless this has been in the works for a while.

6 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Mr Grieve's first pick up presumably? Unless this has been in the works for a while.

Think it'd be safe to put two and two together. Could be wrong but just seems too coincidental. 

10 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I've always quite enjoyed that we haven't paid a fee since the livi 2.

Doesnt mean I'd put that over future success, but would be sad to see it go. 

Jamie McCart. Think we paid around £20k for him in January 2020, after selling Kennedy.

Always game for a foreign attacker. I'm glad it's a permanent deal and not another loan personally, not a huge fan of having a load of loans in the squad.

13 minutes ago, Radford said:

I don't think he's an out-and-out centre forward

Vertainen, who is predominantly a centre-forward but can be used as an attacking midfielder as well, has scored four goals in 11 games in the Finnish top-flight this season.

The goals were scored as a centre forward

Also love getting hyped up over some selected highlights, but he does seem to have lovely technique when striking a ball.

One of my biggest gripes with most of our strikers is nobody actually takes care of the ball when they hit it, it's just a case of slashing at it as hard as possible, so I'm confidently predicting 15 goals +

15 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I've always quite enjoyed that we haven't paid a fee since the livi 2.

Doesnt mean I'd put that over future success, but would be sad to see it go. 

we paid a fee for McCart I think 

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

Bonus points for first person to Photoshop him with Ballon d'Or. 

This conversation about fees is staying without bounds but I swear if @RandomGuy. mentions John Sutton... 

Eb8YoSYUwAAeugO.thumb.jpg.0544400f73b71ab952ee81691a054015.jpg