Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’d have thought going to a yo-yo club down south is a fairly unstable path tbh.

Unless the money is ridiculously good this proposed deal is only really any good for Rotherham. If Rooney put in another good season here, playing in a system that suits him and with a manager who gets a lot out of him, he could sign a pre contract - probably at Championship level and on better money - in January. If he goes to Rotherham and doesn’t make an immediate impact his career could go completely the opposite direction.

£200k to take one of our key players a week before important European games is a crap deal for Saints. Unless the transfer fees are at a much higher level than that we just leave ourselves short for games that could earn us many, many multiples of that if we get through.

Yeah. I meant that he can get a chance of some stability by staying with us.

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just goes to leaving a voicemail. 

Although I think they've now flicked the switch to remove the "were closed" so might get through now. 

Same experience here, but just off the phone. Apparently their system is down and they're taking details to phone people back once they are able to see what availability they have. Feel sorry for the County ticket office staff as that's going to be a right pain in the neck for them.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Club are sending my season ticket out tonight, apparently. I'm sure you're all relieved.

Mine arrived today. Dunno if they're the reprints they ordered at the tail end of last week or delayed originals, but either way that minor worry is sorted.

5 minutes ago, csteinle said:

Mine arrived today. Dunno if they're the reprints they ordered at the tail end of last week or delayed originals, but either way that minor worry is sorted.

They said mines was a reprint and shouldve been out on the 2nd of July.

15 minutes ago, csteinle said:

Same experience here, but just off the phone. Apparently their system is down and they're taking details to phone people back once they are able to see what availability they have. Feel sorry for the County ticket office staff as that's going to be a right pain in the neck for them.

Yeah got the same eventually. 

Was thinking the same on Friday when I seen the only way to get them was by phoning. 

1 person just getting absolutely battered with calls for the whole day!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

47 minutes ago, csteinle said:

If you didn't get a call back you won't be either. Sold out.

It'll be hard to keep signings from abroad quiet at the moment as you need them in the country to quarantine so people are both going to know they are here and the press in their home country are going to be questioning why they aren't involved for their current side. 

Jarkko Wiss confirmed after Ilves lost yesterday that Vertainen was on his way to Scotland. Don't imagine it's a done deal yet with all the paperwork. 

Interesting to note he's under contract... 

Edited by Radford

His goalscoring record doesn’t seem to be particularly outstanding, but he’s young and he’ll hopefully provide a bit of a presence in the attack, something which I think is particularly important in the ‘front three’ system and something we’ve been missing.

Edited by The Real Saints