Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Nice to be back at McDiarmid today. Forgot how good the pies were! 

Football wise not much to talk about really but you can't read too much into friendlies. Felt the pitch was sticky and the passing either too short or way too long. Not nice on the eye. Muzz, Spoony and also Ballentyne looked good though.

I worry a bit about goals in the team. Spoony gives us the spark and guile but otherwise we're a little one dimensional at times. If we lose Rooney I don't think Brown will give us an attacking presence up the right in the same way. Devine looks like he could be a decent player though. Would like to see Middleton back.

Anyway, worth going along for the pies, seeing the cups and the brilliant news about the Galatasary game. Biggest cheer of the day.

Callum Hendry is a nightmare, you know there is a decent player in there but he's been given plenty minutes and not a lot to show for it.

I guess his argument will be that he hasn't played in the full first team now that they are accustomed to the system.

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Callum Hendry is a nightmare, you know there is a decent player in there but he's been given plenty minutes and not a lot to show for it.

I guess his argument will be that he hasn't played in the full first team now that they are accustomed to the system.

I've had the impression this pre-season was his final chance, not sure hes taken it, but didn't see today so can't comment too much.

How likely is it that there will be a large capacity allowed for this? Staying in London at the minute and away to book trains up. Think might just go for it and make sure I am rapid off the mark when any tickets get released.

I've had the impression this pre-season was his final chance, not sure hes taken it, but didn't see today so can't comment too much.

Aye I wasn’t that impressed with him. Could tell he was getting into positions, but a mix of no end game and anger fucked Him over repeatedly.

Hendry isn't prepared to do the hard yards the same way Kane is. He wants to bring every ball down in a manner that he can then make a decisive contribution with it, rather than realising that sometimes you just need to get your body in the way and take the thing in. So many attempts to kill it dead on the outside of the boot etc... 

Such a disappointment from where he was a year ago. 

You wonder if him having a season where almost every touch was a winning goal has affected him mentally somehow?

Theres something there, still, but it feels fairly obvious now he won't refind it at Saints. If we could somehow get a fee for him while bringing in say 2 other forwards then you'd have to be happy with that. Tommy Wright loves a player who played well for him 3 years ago, someone get him on the phone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The frustrating thing is that if he was ruthless we probably would've won 2-0 today and he would go down as the hero.

First couple of minutes played in behind, looked a bit timid and took a bad touch, still a very good chance to score but he slowed it down, tried to chop back inside with a pretty obvious move and ended up kiling the attack by bringing the guy down.

Second half he hassles and harries to win a ball back close to the byline, gets the break of the ball in their box, had options to lay it off for a simple tap in or possibly could've gone for a shot straight away if the angle was on, again tries to dribble past the keeper first and the chance is gone

Still think a Championship loan a la Stevie May to Hamilton to see if that can sharpen him up is the best option for us

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Hendry isn't prepared to do the hard yards the same way Kane is. He wants to bring every ball down in a manner that he can then make a decisive contribution with it, rather than realising that sometimes you just need to get your body in the way and take the thing in. So many attempts to kill it dead on the outside of the boot etc... 

Such a disappointment from where he was a year ago. 

I thought Callum did much more running than Kano today, he had 3 really good defensive headers, I know that’s not where he should excel, but is a bonus. Think he’s actually trying too hard, and gets despondent at himself 

Hard yards was maybe wrong way to put it as his work rate is fine, I more meant just being prepared to do the unglamorous stuff when the ball comes into him. It doesn't need to be a flick or a perfect touch every time. 

He is good defensively at set pieces.

Nipped over to Dingwall yesterday to try and get tickets for the game, the office was open because County had Montrose in the league cup. Was another Saints fan there looking to get tickets as well. Lassie came out and told us they were only selling tickets for the Montrose game. You’d think they could have just sold us the tickets there and then. Shite from County IMO.

Hakeem Odoffin off to Rotherham. Has played just about everywhere at the back and in the midfield for Hamilton but hopefully takes them off of Rooney’s scent.

He was refusing at one point to continue playing for Hamilton so they’ve probably snapped him up cheap.

26 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

So what was that coat hanger all about then?

11 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What happened to the two signings we were supposed to be making by the end of the week ? 

And so the Sunday meltdowns begin.

200w.gif.7387a5261dd7b6cd18d3d311e689189e.gif