Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I don’t think the government would’ve said they’re looking at it without positive news myself.

Why set yourself up to piss off a large amount of people in 2 marginal constituencies without having a plan in place?

Hopefully you're right, but the Scottish Cup Final ticket fiasco is a bit too recent for me to get my hopes up just yet!

If it does end up neutral venues then I'm 100% behind a one off fixture. Would imagine Galatasary might not be so keen, knowing that a one off gives more chance of an upset.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Similar.png.9cad7d4c6c738c33b56d8714e1c06f4b.png

A bit late, but built a model that can find "similar" players, based on how they play + a splattering of how well they play it. This is the 5 most similar players in our top flight to Wotherspoon. Perhaps club have used similar and thats why Gardyne and McAllister were looked in to?

Hedges/Wright unattainable, while Polworths lack of defensive work makes him a poor result for this really? Harry Paton appears high too but similar issue to Polworth. 

Wotherspoon really is a unicorn though, its genuinely hard to find someone so good attacking wise and defensively.

When I open this up to include all Scottish leagues, and look only for AMs, Luke McCowan comes out top 😭

Polworth has signed for Kilmarnock.

7 hours ago, Costanza said:

Polworth has signed for Kilmarnock.

Yeah I know, it automates the club names and WyScout is slow to update things like that in Scotland.

Was wondering if that would've been similar to a list the club created months ago, which is why we were linked with Gardyne and McAllister. 

Just now, Broon_100 said:

So Davidson was keen to get 2 players on board this week. Haven't heard any rumours at all. So who do we think?

Hopefully one is Middleton. Wouldn't mind another Striker joining either.

Middleton and another from Rangers as well is the only rumour I've heard. 

Unclear whether we'd actually be able to sign a second loan from Rangers though as normally rules are only 1 is allowed from the same club but was extended to 2 last season - unsure if it has reverted back or not this season.

16 hours ago, shibbydoo said:

What I don't get is how can UEFA force us to make a decision by Tuesday when we don't officially know who we are playing?

They surely can't just assume that Galatasary won't win their home game 5-0 can they???

Its called planning, with such a tight turnaround on all these ties everything needs to be set well in advance of the final whistle in the second leg.

The meetings started on Tuesday and venues need to be confirmed for all possibilities

This will also need done on 3rd August after the play off draw where there could be 4 possible options to look at in two competitions.

Should PSV collapse in the second leg there will be no issue as while the Netherlands currently has a ban on entry from the UK the players and coaches would qualify under the exemption from the Dutch government as would the press but no fans could even go for the day out as you would be turned away at the dutch border. 

I know in the league cup clubs have been offering away fans access, think it’s a club decision and would be dependent on if County want any away fans

Would probably depend on how many fans they're allowed. 

If the game was in Perth I imagine the number we'd be allowed would be season ticket holders only. Expecting similar for clubs like County until restrictions are lifted.

First away game were allowed though. I'll be jumping at the chance!!!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

What kit are we gonna wear in Dingwall? No sign of an away kit yet and I’d suppose we’ll just run the yellow one from last year as our third kit. 

What kit are we gonna wear in Dingwall? No sign of an away kit yet and I’d suppose we’ll just run the yellow one from last year as our third kit. 

Away kit will likely be announced this week I think. I’m presuming theirs delays with Brexit and the virus on getting stock in from Macrons headquarters in Italy.