Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

life time season ticket for big Pete if he makes this happen. I'll even fucking pay for it.

Politicians eh.

Folk unhappy -> "I'll see what I can do"

does nothing

People get what they want -> "Your wish is ny command"

People don't get what they want -> "Tried my best but *insert rival party here* have made it impossible for me"

11 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Phone ticket office and explain  - they will give you your barcode.

Yeah I'll try and phone them at some point tomorrow, but no idea when I'll have time, so not sure I can be arsed tbh.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Politicians eh.

Folk unhappy -> "I'll see what I can do"

does nothing

People get what they want -> "Your wish is ny command"

People don't get what they want -> "Tried my best but *insert rival party here* have made it impossible for me"

Yeah there's no chance. 

He can only try I but it'll just be "so what?"

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yeah there's no chance. 

He can only try I but it'll just be "so what?"

Its perhaps a shame the PSV/Galatasaray game is now such a forgone conclusion, or we'd have Celtic fans also pushing to allow Galatasaray to play in Scotland.

Thinking about it, would a one leg affair at a neutral venue be better for us, in terms of progression chances, than a 2 legged tie that meant we had to play in a packed stadium in Turkey?

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just call it a training camp. It'll be allowed. 

Tbf I guess you can claim you have zero contact with anyone abroad with a training camp, while we can't really.

Sounds like positive news coming out tonight though.

I don’t think the government would’ve said they’re looking at it without positive news myself.

Why set yourself up to piss off a large amount of people in 2 marginal constituencies without having a plan in place?

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I don’t think the government would’ve said they’re looking at it without positive news myself.

Why set yourself up to piss off a large amount of people in 2 marginal constituencies without having a plan in place?

As must as I hope you're right and you've made a perfectly valid point about it being politically stupid. Is it possible you've over estimated the intelligence of politicians? 😬

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

As must as I hope you're right and you've made a perfectly valid point about it being politically stupid. Is it possible you've over estimated the intelligence of politicians? 😬

"International travel restrictions remain necessary to limit the importation of the virus and variants of concern,” a Scottish Government spokesperson told The Sun.

"Red list countries pose the highest risk, and we must therefore consider any exemptions very carefully. "We are aware of the particular issue outlined and will work with the football authorities to aim to find a suitable solution.”

-----

Turkey with their no variants of concern... 😐

It's a win-win for the Scottish Government. If they manage to make exceptions they're on to a winner, if they can't they'll blame the Tories in Westminster and score points on their main competitors in those two marginals.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I chose two seats along from my usual one. Not had the ticket email through yet though!

Check your junk. It should have come through straight away. My Arbroath one on Wednesday went to junk. 

Similar.png.9cad7d4c6c738c33b56d8714e1c06f4b.png

A bit late, but built a model that can find "similar" players, based on how they play + a splattering of how well they play it. This is the 5 most similar players in our top flight to Wotherspoon. Perhaps club have used similar and thats why Gardyne and McAllister were looked in to?

Hedges/Wright unattainable, while Polworths lack of defensive work makes him a poor result for this really? Harry Paton appears high too but similar issue to Polworth. 

Wotherspoon really is a unicorn though, its genuinely hard to find someone so good attacking wise and defensively.

When I open this up to include all Scottish leagues, and look only for AMs, Luke McCowan comes out top 😭

Edited by RandomGuy.

57 minutes ago, csteinle said:
2 hours ago, mizfit said:

It's a win-win for the Scottish Government. If they manage to make exceptions they're on to a winner, if they can't they'll blame the Tories in Westminster and score points on their main competitors in those two marginals.

Westminster isn't responsible for health. It's a Scottish Government decision.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thinking about it, would a one leg affair at a neutral venue be better for us, in terms of progression chances, than a 2 legged tie that meant we had to play in a packed stadium in Turkey?

There is something in this. Over 2 legs beating them would be a tough ask, but in a single game..... especially after they get a roasting from their own fans if they get beat from PSV again.

If we do play over 2 legs, then we should play it somewhere cold and northern. Iceland maybe? Make them travel as far as we can and also in conditions that are an advantage to us. No point in going to Croatia or Malta where we will be at a disadvantage with the heat. I'm sure Galatasary will look to keep the game as close to them and not make it easy for us. Its not like they will look to play their home leg in Norway or anything.

Time Scottish club got a bit more clever about the gamesmanship side of things. 

Westminster isn't responsible for health. It's a Scottish Government decision.
True, but Westminster covers border control and international travel. Easily allows finger pointing in the press even if it's disingenuous.