Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I know it's much easier when he's just won a couple of trophies and overseen the best season ever, but CD's approach to the transfer window is so night and day compared to Tommy Wright.

With TW it was all doom and gloom and actually quite disheartening as a fan, with Davidson you just get the impression there's a plan, there's also a plan in place if that falls through and he's unlikely to starting bitching about SB for not throwing enough money at Rory Fallon 2.0

It won’t surprise me if they’ve been waiting for the European draws to occur and work out rough income and costs before approving transfers.

If this was wright, well your right he’d have been in the paper bitching that we’ve not signed someone by yet.

We made a couple of announcements right at the start of pre-season that we knew were happening, they’ve obviously now thought of what they want and perhaps been waiting on activity elsewhere. Although after clives recent behaviour I wouldn’t be surprised to see Melamed awkwardly turn up in the next week.

3 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

some guy on twitter says Middleton and another Rangers loan 

Did the rule about loans get an extension into this season too? Previously had only been one loan from the same club if they were in your division. Think it was upped to 3(?) last season.

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Did the rule about loans get an extension into this season too? Previously had only been one loan from the same club if they were in your division. Think it was upped to 3(?) last season.

It was extended to two from the same club. 

Haven't seen anything that confirms it was extended beyond last season.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Please be Stephen Kelly. 

Thankfully not a position we need at all. 

Im all for Middleton coming back, but as others have said the nature of all these loans is a worry. Unless there’s a real chance of signing then long term it feels like this is only going to harm the squad next season when we inevitably lose players. On the flip side, the fact we’re only looking at loans maybe suggests that there are some big contract offers out to players right now waiting to be signed?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He'd probably do alright in our 3-5-2 tbh.

If alright means running around contributing nothing whatsoever while getting praised by Rangers bloggers somehow employed by The Athletic, then yeah.  Trust me though, you don’t want to win the Stephen Kelly loan lottery. 

41 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If alright means running around contributing nothing whatsoever while getting praised by Rangers bloggers somehow employed by The Athletic, then yeah.  Trust me though, you don’t want to win the Stephen Kelly loan lottery. 

*shrugs*

Without wanting to sound harsh, I'm not going to judge a young player entirely on a season playing for a woeful clownshoe outfit with a moron in charge.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

Without wanting to sound harsh, I'm not going to judge a young player entirely on a season playing for a woeful clownshoe outfit with a moron in charge.

I'd love to see your version of harsh.

Edited by The Derry

13 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Stevie Grieve now employed by the club.  Direct replacement for Ewan Peacock I assume.

I'd think their strengths are maybe different. I'd hope they put SG to more use on stuff like recruitment but guess we'll see.