Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

What amazing patter this is that the first time we’ll all be back together at McDiarmid is against a massive European club full of ageing superstars whatever happens. I love St Johnstone

Season ticket holders hopefully back this weekend as well 😍 hopefully hear about that soon. 

Might shed a tear or two 🤣

16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

What a mess of his career that agent is making of Guy Melamed's career. Someone needs to give Guy a shake and tell him to find someone to represent him that'll give a shit about him. 

If one of the claimed clubs were actually interested then he'd have signed for one of them by now. At least one of them has would have made a move.

A concrete wage offer from Saints is always going to be better than a make believe non existent one from Sunderland.

I could understand the agents playing hardball with the teams, trying to get the best deal for their clients, but it looks increasingly like they're happy to sell the clients down the river too. 

The sooner the players wise up, and get these agents to f**k, the better all round.

Re: Guy. I'd happily have him back for another year, but that's going to depend on the agent.

3 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Any word on what’s happening on Saturday for the fleetwood game? Hopefully a bit better organisation ticket wise 

I'm not itk but I'd put money on that Saints eill still be waiting on a definitive answer from the Gov/council/whoever the hell decides on the additional capacity approvals. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

What a mess of his career that agent is making of Guy Melamed's career. Someone needs to give Guy a shake and tell him to find someone to represent him that'll give a shit about him. 
If one of the claimed clubs were actually interested then he'd have signed for one of them by now. At least one of them has would have made a move.
A concrete wage offer from Saints is always going to be better than a make believe non existent one from Sunderland.
Don't think he's worth losing sleep over tbh. Decent enough, but I think we could do better.

29 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Do we think we’ll see some movement on transfers and contract renewals now that the draw for Europe has been made? 

I'd imagine we'll get a surge of European imports desperate to play for the *PSV/Galatasaray slayers now, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I thought it was interesting that the only club that  Clive copied in on his tweet about Melamed not signing for Grimsby was Saints. It was almost like he was saying " He's not signing for Grimsby so he's still available" 

Also just a few hours after our European draw, yet half a day from when the Grimsby rumour first appeared.

You wonder if Melamed gave his agent a wee phonecall about trying to get him to move to the English 5th tier when a match v PSV/Galatasaray was on offer? 😂

4 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I thought it was interesting that the only club that  Clive copied in on his tweet about Melamed not signing for Grimsby was Saints. It was almost like he was saying " He's not signing for Grimsby so he's still available" 

I thought it was because big Clive doesn’t understand Twitter mechanics personally, but your version would make sense too. 

Just now, Kyle said:

I thought it was because big Clive doesn’t understand Twitter mechanics personally, but your version would make sense too. 

Hes amazing. Tweeting that Melamed isn't playing for Grimsby tonight, which is correct as Grimsby don't play until tomorrow 😂

Does anyone know a bit about how agreements work between players and agents? Is it a case of a player agreeing to be represented for x amount of time or indefinitely until both parties agree to split, or could it be that the player has to prove negligence or incompetence to break the agreement?

I always assumed that it was just a case of a player being able to tell them to gtf whenever they wanted, but clearly that can't be the case when you see how badly some are represented

Tough decision for Saints. Keep your best wing back for a season or accept a bag of jelly beans for him. 

Not sure what Rooney does either. Stay for another month and play in comfortably the biggest game of his career, of move to the English 3rd tier to play for Rotherham.

We might have real issues after we're inevitably papped out of Europe, mind you. Losing these players in the final weeks of the window could be a killer.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tough decision for Saints. Keep your best wing back for a season or accept a bag of jelly beans for him. 

Not sure what Rooney does either. Stay for another month and play in comfortably the biggest game of his career, of move to the English 3rd tier to play for Rotherham.

We might have real issues after we're inevitably papped out of Europe, mind you. Losing these players in the final weeks of the window could be a killer.

I get the threat of injury is always there, but even if any of these players look decent against some big sides in Europe they'll get a bigger move as a result

I get the threat of injury is always there, but even if any of these players look decent against some big sides in Europe they'll get a bigger move as a result

That’s almost definitely something their agents are going to be thinking of also.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

January window it is then.

In all seriousness it is a hard one for the club I guess.

This window probably the last one we can get "decent" money for McCart/Kerr/Rooney.

But all 3, and the club, probably want them to play in the qualifiers. If we somehow do make it into the a group stage, do the players then try and stay until January? Or do the club still try and sell them at some point in this window to recoup some money?