Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

The way the club are sending out the season tickets is baffling to say the least. We renewed ours on the first day and still haven’t received anything, family members who bought theirs well after us received them weeks ago. Someone on the banter page claiming to have ordered his on Monday and received it today. Before anyone says there is no use for it just now, I know! But the longer it takes to come the more I think there is a problem. Also heard stories of people being sent out new season tickets who hadn’t even applied for one! 

Aye I ordered mines literally 5 minutes before my dads, we both live in Letham, maybe a 5/10 minute walk apart.

He received his 2 weeks ago, I've still not got mine.

Boyd will either learn a LOT from this close season and be allowed to make changes or he'll be gone as soon as he can.

Someone needs to get on top of the admin as it’s pretty haphazard at the moment.
Why could they not have reused the same tickets where they were just being bought again for the same seat. That would have reduced the workload a bit or is that too simple?

2 hours ago, akuram said:

Someone needs to get on top of the admin as it’s pretty haphazard at the moment.
Why could they not have reused the same tickets where they were just being bought again for the same seat. That would have reduced the workload a bit or is that too simple?

More environmentally friendly too. 

Might be something to work towards though in future. 

Not long now ladies and Gentlemen. We'll be back at games on Saturdays soon 🤞🤞

3 hours ago, akuram said:

They’re just plastic cards with a barcode on them, they’re not smart cards - there is no chip in them. 

6 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

They’re just plastic cards with a barcode on them, they’re not smart cards - there is no chip in them. 

I would have thought, for renewals, it should be a case of validating the existing barcode in the system. That said, SRU used to do this but then switched to sending new passes each year, so they may have found it more problematic than it was worth.

I got my season ticket on Wednesday. I’ve not had one in years due to my shifts. I usually go when I’m not working on a Saturday but felt I needed to give the team more support this season. Feel a bit guilty getting a season ticket before some who I know have had them uninterrupted for years.

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

System could (in theory) do the heavy lifting with the bar codes though. As currently I presume it'll check whether the season ticket is active or not. 

Could issue the same barcode for the next season if the person renews etc. 

Could then also in theory allow season ticket holders to buy games not included in the season ticket, like European games for example and use their season ticket to gain entry to it as the barcode could be added to the "active list" for that game. 

Will depend on how the system is made though. Its likely setup the way it is because it keeps it simple. The more complicated something is the more expensive it becomes to buy but also for supplier to update and maintain. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I'd imagine it's more complicated to go through all last seasons barcodes, filter out the ones who haven't renewed, then add in all the new ones, without any numbers overlapping, than just emptying the system and starting over.

I was slightly wary when we went to cards and was told you wouldn't be able to add cup games etc... but in fairness, the way it worked for Morton was absolutely fine. You just entered the bar code and then got the PDF for your seat sent to your phone.

I think that's fine for Saints, if chipped cards are more expense. 

The season ticket distribution is probably no different than it was 15 years ago but we didn't have everyone posting photos on social media. Your book just arrived when it arrived and you accepted that. 

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine it's more complicated to go through all last seasons barcodes, filter out the ones who haven't renewed, then add in all the new ones, without any numbers overlapping, than just emptying the system and starting over.

I'll not labour the point as what Saint's have now is absolutely fine and certainly an improvement on the paper book. (Mine went through the washing machine a few seasons ago 😬)

How it could be done is barcode linked to email address. You login to your account and buy a new add on for a cup game or renew a season ticket for example. System does it automatically that way etc. 

For a club like Saints though the way it is now is more than sufficient though. The new system won't have been cheap as it is now. If you start asking for layers of complexity like we're speculating about the costs quickly spiral. The additional stuff is a "nice to have" rather than a must have as well. 

Just saying it "could" be done in theory and not that I think I should be done!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Apparently played Middleton at Left back 😐

TBF I'm sure his last Rangers game before joining us last time was as a wing back, seems to be an English coaching "thing" to turn wingers into wing backs, Brendan Rodgers had a similar obsession with ruining young attackers by trying that.

TBF I'm sure his last Rangers game before joining us last time was as a wing back, seems to be an English coaching "thing" to turn wingers into wing backs, Brendan Rodgers had a similar obsession with ruining young attackers by trying that.
I seem to remember him once playing Hayes and Forrest at FB in a four but I might have made that up.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He had been training on and off with Hearts over the last three years during school holidays and played as a trialist in a few games.  I'm pretty sure that Hearts would have signed him had Craig Levien still been around. I suspect that he joined Brechin on loan through Levein's and Andy Kirk's previous knowledge of him at Hearts.

In the games I saw him play, he was good on the ball and has a gifted left peg but I didn't think he was that great defensively. He tended to play centre or left M/F when at Hearts. 

Quoting this in here, since there's never been much clarification on anything about wee Max tbh.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'll not labour the point as what Saint's have now is absolutely fine and certainly an improvement on the paper book. (Mine went through the washing machine a few seasons ago 😬)

How it could be done is barcode linked to email address. You login to your account and buy a new add on for a cup game or renew a season ticket for example. System does it automatically that way etc. 

For a club like Saints though the way it is now is more than sufficient though. The new system won't have been cheap as it is now. If you start asking for layers of complexity like we're speculating about the costs quickly spiral. The additional stuff is a "nice to have" rather than a must have as well. 

Just saying it "could" be done in theory and not that I think I should be done!

The barcode is linked to the email address.

The system is literally a scan and go, like your shopping at the till.  It’s simple and it works for the club.

18 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Thought Middleton was back at you guys. Interesting........ emoji57.png

He played left back for Rangers against Arsenal today so that would suggest not. 

He was poised to join a couple of weeks ago, or so the sun reported, bur there’s been no mention since. Not one of the names I’ve heard mentioned over the last few days either. 

Would really like him back, he had a real impact for us and turned up in big games. Scored the goal that knocked you lot out of top six, scored the goal against Hibs that put us into 5th and then scored and got an assist in the semi final against St Mirren. Can’t really ask for more from a loan player. If you lot are throwing as much money at getting Middleton as you threw at Tanser and tried to throw at MOH, then I’m sure that’s where Rangers will send him. 

Just now, Kyle said:

If you lot are throwing as much money at getting Middleton as you threw at Tanser and tried to throw at MOH, then I’m sure that’s where Rangers will send him. 

Melamed too, not even a contest between the two clubs financially, so I'm not getting any hopes up of either coming back.

St Mirren seem to be going pretty much all in this season.