Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Any stats on Kyle McAllister@randomguy

New model sees him like this...

Mcallister.thumb.png.4073a6c907057215b551a4bd5beebe9e.png

So you're not really getting much from him unless hes on the ball, and even then its not great. Did he take a lot of set plays at you lot? Trying to figure out how I can factor that into these.

This is him v Conway, because I'm trying these out.

ConwayVMcAl.thumb.png.54a7a6fee328cf36e499374681efe326.png

Not a huge difference until you reach the actual goal scoring part of it. Conway was prone to shooting when he could, while McAllister seems more intent on creating chances when near/in the box.

New model sees him like this...

Mcallister.thumb.png.4073a6c907057215b551a4bd5beebe9e.png

So you're not really getting much from him unless hes on the ball, and even then its not great. Did he take a lot of set plays at you lot? Trying to figure out how I can factor that into these.
This is him v Conway, because I'm trying these out.

ConwayVMcAl.thumb.png.54a7a6fee328cf36e499374681efe326.png

Not a huge difference until you reach the actual goal scoring part of it. Conway was prone to shooting when he could, while McAllister seems more intent on creating chances when near/in the box.

From what I can remember bud, McGrath was our main set piece taker. Corners and free kicks. Kyle took the odd one.

He didn't do too baldy for assists compared to McGrath as he spent way less time on the pitch. He got 2 against you's in the 3-2 game when Kerr got sent off, laid the final 2 goals on a plate for Obika and Erwin. On the right wing and cut in onto his left is his thing.

Rarely completed 90 minutes for us, maybe a handful of times in 2 seasons. Often got the hook when he started, more of an impact sub.

Astonished if he signed for yous or Aberdeen, was told it was a done deal he's heading to Perth but the Aberdeen fans think they are in for him too.

Can't see us being too hard to deal with. Not sure about his wages though, must have earned a decent wedge at Derby and we managed to get him when he was still contracted I'm sure.

I think he'll be a decent squad player if he is kept fit

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

From what I can remember bud, McGrath was our main set piece taker. Corners and free kicks. Kyle took the odd one.

Cheers, I find the "creator" bit can be a bit dodgy due to set plays, someone taking 4/5 set plays will naturally end up "creating" a lot of chances, so just wondered if that was influencing his numbers.

16 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Thanks guys.  Perfect start to what was already shaping up to be a great weekend.  

Worth remembering last time a story like this broke, Peter Pawlett, the "selling" club ended up chucking a wedge of money at their perma-crock diddy to extend his deal.

Creative burden is entirely on Wotherspoon for us just now, with Conway gone and no Middleton, so it makes sense for us to at least look into McAllister. Hes 22, out of favour, experienced at this level and has great creative figures. Might not lead to anything but, despite the mocking, its encouraging that the club are looking into players who fit that "profile".

5 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

Seeing Melamed linked with Hibs according to Twitter. Apparently rejected a return to Isreal football. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19448624.ex-st-johnstone-striker-guy-melamed-return-scotland-turning-two-israeli-offers/?s=09

No matter where he goes it's another 2 months of the season for him to get up to pace as he's been without a club and hasn't had a proper pre season. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

Seeing Melamed linked with Hibs according to Twitter. Apparently rejected a return to Isreal football. 

Dundee...

2 hours ago, Sconesaint said:

Is he any good? 

Some rumours tonight we're on the verge of signing McCart. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Is he any good? 

Given he’s still playing in all our pre-season games that seems incredibly unlikely to me. 

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Your fans have been at that for the past month.

Is he any good? 

I seen one of the Hibs pages on Twitter speculating that we’d want £500k for him. And with how desperate the media seems to be for our team to move on I’d have imagined the record would’ve been all over that story as quick as they were with the Rooney one.

The way the club are sending out the season tickets is baffling to say the least. We renewed ours on the first day and still haven’t received anything, family members who bought theirs well after us received them weeks ago. Someone on the banter page claiming to have ordered his on Monday and received it today. Before anyone says there is no use for it just now, I know! But the longer it takes to come the more I think there is a problem. Also heard stories of people being sent out new season tickets who hadn’t even applied for one!