Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye it'll be £200k in 3 installments instead of 4.

They absolutely reek of a tinpot club who think they're massive because they play in England. Suspect they'll get told to f**k off again and we'll get a delightful "didn't want him anyway" breakdown from their manager. 

I haven't got much against Rotherham as a club, but you do have to wonder if it's a good move for Rooney. Yes he'll maybe earn a bit more a week, but they are the ultimate yo-yo club who can't compete in the Championship. At best he does enough to get noticed and gets a move to a more established Championship side, at worst he's plugged into a system that won't allow him to stand out, he'll end up out of favour when things don't go to plan and they just decide to throw money at the next signing and he'll end up back up here with Dundee United or moneybags St Mirren trying to rebuild his career.

6 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Was 1600 in the stadium last night.

They applied for 1201 fans and were granted 1201 fans, the rest was made up of staff, players, stewards etc.

Barring any disasters from last night (don't think that there was any) head of operations was saying that Hopefully 2400 for Fleetwood game will be applied for and granted ( guessing that's the total of season ticket holders).

Saints said 1000 season ticket holders would  gain entry via a ballot  so where did the other 201 come from along with the 399 hangers on to make your 1600.

Edited by Templar Saint

As far as I’m aware the defender Rotherham have bid again for is Mark Beevers, I don’t think they’ll be back in for Rooney. Suspect the joke of an offer and the assumption we are an amateur outfit persuaded them not to bother us again. 

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

As far as I’m aware the defender Rotherham have bid again for is Mark Beevers, I don’t think they’ll be back in for Rooney. Suspect the joke of an offer and the assumption we are an amateur outfit persuaded them not to bother us again. 

In fairness we were absolutely warned that they had no intention of upping the offer from "pathetic" to "diddy" levels

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Beevers apparently signed a new 3 deal about a fortnight ago. 

Saints said 1000 season ticket holders would  gain entry via a ballot  so where did the other 201 come from along with the 399 hangers on to make your 1600.
He seems to have answered your questions in the post you quoted. A bit harsh calling our double cup winning heroes "hangers on".

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

I take it that a good many of the "Hangers on " will be corporate sponsors who pump thousands into the club every year 

18 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

There are good highlights of the friendly on Preston’s website btw. We look like we passed the ball around very nicely

Edit: here's the link https://www.pnefc.net/ifollow/latest-videos/

The whole game is up now for free. Quite a good watch for a friendly. Agree with others that we look good. Fitness and hunger were there. No passengers and a few real stand-outs; Booth, Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, MOH, May, McCann all impressed. Muzz did OK but looked slow to me. Of the subs, thought Devine looked particularly good. A bit surprised not to see Kane in the squad, 

The PNE commentators were, I thought, very balanced, knew our players and had clearly done their research.

The whole game is up now for free. Quite a good watch for a friendly. Agree with others that we look good. Fitness and hunger were there. No passengers and a few real stand-outs; Booth, Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, MOH, May, McCann all impressed. Muzz did OK but looked slow to me. Of the subs, thought Devine looked particularly good. A bit surprised not to see Kane in the squad, 
The PNE commentators were, I thought, very balanced, knew our players and had clearly done their research.
Kane had a slight knock.

I'd guess that sometimes it's more about who's at the club, in terms of players and coaches, and how the club intend to use the player, that matter when loaning youngsters out, rather than purely being as high a level as possible.

I'd guess that sometimes it's more about who's at the club, in terms of players and coaches, and how the club intend to use the player, that matter when loaning youngsters out, rather than purely being as high a level as possible.

If Brechin have told us he’s likely to play almost every week, compared to say East Fife who might say he’s only playing when they need him too I’d choose Brechin everyday of the week.