Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

That's the rules for level 1 surely and 1000 for level 0. You can apply more on the current rules.

Completely forgot those were things.

Fingers crossed all restrictions are gone by August, or at least we get allowed over 2000 in.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

If you look in the European thread it goes into detail about who we can face. It's one of PSV v Galatasaray or Rapid Vienna v Sparta Prague. That would be a struggle for anyone from this country imo.

Wow, very tough but amazing away days   at any of these teams. Never been to Eindhoven but Istanbul or Prague would be sensational.  Letna stadium is really easy to get to with one of Prague’s best beer gardens close by with views over the city.  

1 minute ago, saint pogo said:

Wow, very tough but amazing away days   at any of these teams. Never been to Eindhoven but Istanbul or Prague would be sensational.  Letna stadium is really easy to get to with one of Prague’s best beer gardens close by with views over the city.  

UEFA have apparently banned away fans from getting tickets for any of our qualifiers.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

UEFA have apparently banned away fans from getting tickets for any of our qualifiers.

Booo.  I was excited for for a few minutes.

...will have to infiltrate Sparta ultras 😬

Reports saying we did have an interest in Gardyne but wanted to wait until later in the window, now heading to Inverness instead

To be fair that makes it sound like we have various other targets and he was the fall-back option so at least it makes sense

I know it's only football and there's far bigger and more important things affected, but purely in football terms, Saints fans have taken more than their fair share of the covid hit!  Missing out on the greatest season in our history, being denied attending two Hampden Cup Finals and the ensuing celebrations and now, the first time since the 1990's when we will draw a decent sized name in Europe potentially in a great capital city, and we're denied travel.  Most of those sides would also likely have brought big away crowds and given us brilliant atmosphere at a near full McDiarmid.

Just have to make the group stages I guess..

11 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Reports saying we did have an interest in Gardyne but wanted to wait until later in the window, now heading to Inverness instead

To be fair that makes it sound like we have various other targets and he was the fall-back option so at least it makes sense

Either that or we're back in a 'get one out before you can get one in' phase again.

Tbf I don't think English contracts end until 1st July, so there's maybe just a waiting game to announce any deals from down that way until deals expire down that way.

Edited by RandomGuy.

36 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I know it's only football and there's far bigger and more important things affected, but purely in football terms, Saints fans have taken more than their fair share of the covid hit!  Missing out on the greatest season in our history, being denied attending two Hampden Cup Finals and the ensuing celebrations and now, the first time since the 1990's when we will draw a decent sized name in Europe potentially in a great capital city, and we're denied travel.  Most of those sides would also likely have brought big away crowds and given us brilliant atmosphere at a near full McDiarmid.

Would I sacrifice a few old people for a trip to Prague with the boys? Yes, probably. Sorry tree house tam 😥

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

Good post, but we have had a couple of decent European trips since the 90s. I loved Luzern.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I don't think English contracts end until 1st July, so there's maybe just a waiting game to announce any deals from down that way until deals expire down that way.

FWIW: Burrows was making a similar point re: our recruitment on the most recent MFC Podcast. Not necessarily about announcing but just a general movement.