Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

Maybe not that exciting but I do like how he sounded really keen to stay. Any idea if he can play RCB?

Not as far as I'm aware.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Thought with 10,000 at hampden it might set a precedent.

They're doing it by %, and I'm sure Hampden got special dispensation to go above what's recommended due to it being the Euros.

For the league it'll be something 10/15% of capacity. 

6 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

At least the right is covered with him and Rooney, they can probably fill in inside too and MOH can be the emergency RWB if needed

Yeh agree, he's settled in the area and knows his teammates, so if the terms are okay for us it makes sense, it's upto him now to kick on when he gets his chance.  Happy to get squad players sorted and the majority of our time and budget can be focussed on the key areas.

My main concern is teams coming in for key players at the last minute, leaving little time for us to find replacements, as at the minute we're in good shape.  A back up centre back and lwb, Glenn Middleton and a striker and we're good to go.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not as far as I'm aware.

They're doing it by %, and I'm sure Hampden got special dispensation to go above what's recommended due to it being the Euros.

For the league it'll be something 10/15% of capacity. 

Tier 1 = 1000

Tier 0 = 2000

With the ability to apply for more on an individual basis. I imagine that'll involve demonstrating how the new numbers would work and the safety measures etc. 

Although if the stance from the Scottish Cup final is anything to go by we'd potentially get rejected at the moment due to the Dundee cases.

Tier 1 = 1000
Tier 0 = 2000
With the ability to apply for more on an individual basis. I imagine that'll involve demonstrating how the new numbers would work and the safety measures etc. 
Although if the stance from the Scottish Cup final is anything to go by we'd potentially get rejected at the moment due to the Dundee cases.
Be nice to think Saints would be able to accommodate all ST holders.

Yeah there won't be away crowds all season, f**k knows why people are expecting any for the start of the season.
The game scheduled for half 1 on a Saturday, plus the decision to allow PPV to continue, is a major red flag for away crowds.
I'd be amazed if that's the case.

4 hours ago, Fife Saint said:
8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Yeah there won't be away crowds all season, f**k knows why people are expecting any for the start of the season.
The game scheduled for half 1 on a Saturday, plus the decision to allow PPV to continue, is a major red flag for away crowds.

I'd be amazed if that's the case.

If the clubs are limited to 2000 then I can't see away fans being allowed. 

E3-O2T4XwAIy8Fo.thumb.jpeg.33cf1b8a875bff9250dcdf3f1232c64a.jpeg

Really important we get someone in who can do similar to what Wotherspoon does. Assuming he continues making the Canadian squad, he could be pretty well burnt out this season.

Not sure whether any of these games overlap with league fixtures either.

On 15/06/2021 at 10:18, jamamafegan said:

Dingwall away on a glorious summer July’s day sounds splendid to me

A normal away day such as this seems so so far away. There will be no cans on the train up to Dingwall, no pints in the Mallard, no abusing Ricky Foster’s wife, and no night out in John Foxes afterwards. Even if away tickets were allowed by then (which they won’t be) it will just be some shite sanitised version of going to the football, where they try and make it as unenjoyable as possible for everyone involved. Honestly doubt it’ll be until this time next year that things will be remotely ‘normal’. Depressing stuff.

St Mirren saying that, as it stands, only 500 fans will be allowed into home games due to distancing requirements.

That's in a ~8000 stadium.

Doesn't make sense % wise so presumably 500 is just a default figure country wide.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren saying that, as it stands, only 500 fans will be allowed into home games due to distancing requirements.

That's in a ~8000 stadium.

Doesn't make sense % wise so presumably 500 is just a default figure country wide.

That's the rules for level 1 surely and 1000 for level 0. You can apply more on the current rules.

55 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Presume Celtic drawing Midtylland takes them out of reach for us in the draw? Or do they wait until those ties have all been played to make the Europa third round draw?

If you look in the European thread it goes into detail about who we can face. It's one of PSV v Galatasaray or Rapid Vienna v Sparta Prague. That would be a struggle for anyone from this country imo.

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

Presume Celtic drawing Midtylland takes them out of reach for us in the draw? Or do they wait until those ties have all been played to make the Europa third round draw?

Yes our draw is on 19th July, before these ties are concluded, so it's between the teams Tam mentions.