Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

f**k me, Tam is taking this well.

Normally I'd say it was a transparent attempt at bites, but considering his team failed to keep their own player, failed to sign the player they wanted, and were forced to resign a player they don't really want but do so on inflated wages because another team played them like a cheap fiddle it's no surprise the old fella is grumpy.

Imagine the pinnacle of your team's existence and you are still being given the run around? Gotta hurt, and it seems like it is.

But but we signed Scott Tanser...

tempsnip.png

b25lY21zOjNmYTA2Y2JkLTdhOTgtNDYzNi05NDJjLWY0YzkxMzdmZmFlYjo4MGYxZGZmMy04NzhlLTRlOTctOTdjNy02YTZmMGU3ZGRlZmQ=.jpg

(pro editing skills i must say)

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

Who is trolling, everything I wrote is correct.. ;)

May well be true, may not be. I’m pretty comfortable with how things worked out, as I’m sure you are. Not to say I wouldn’t have liked Kiltie and we may replace Tanser with an absolute dumpling but we’re still 7 weeks away from a competitive match and we have the vast majority of both cup final squads signed up for next year. At least we’re not missing out on Ian Harty to Hamilton like those days. 

Edited by Kyle

10 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

At least we can pinpoint the exact moment in time that fans of other teams went from "so happy for Saints doing the double it's amazing" to allowing their inferiority complex to unveil itself with an alarming vengeance 

You're making an assumption there, me ol' mucker, however if you are looking for inferiority, then it's delivered in spades right here.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Especially tragic when you consider the fact that Ric is in his seventies.

Calm yourself, although I do remember the 70s! Black and white dinosaurs and 3 channels on the TV, so it was.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

May well be true, may not be. I’m pretty comfortable with how things worked out, as I’m sure you are. Not to say I wouldn’t have liked Kiltie and we may replace Tanser with an absolute dumpling but we’re still 7 weeks away from a competitive match and we have the vast majority of both cup final squads signed up for next year. At least we’re not missing out on Ian Harty to Hamilton like those days. 

You'll be fine. Davidson has taken, what is on paper, a very average side and done very well with them. I expect him to do similar this coming season.

League fixtures out next week.  We must be due a home match to open, 6 of our last 7 opening matches have been away:

2014-15 Ross County away

2015-16 Hearts away

2016-17 Aberdeen HOME

2017-18 Kilmarnock away 

2018-19 Kilmarnock away 

2019-20 Celtic away 

2020-21 Dundee United away

They usually like a diddy team to go to Glasgow for the OF flag raising, thankfully it can’t be us as pointed out a few days ago by someone as we should be home to rangers first time round.

I’d like a match at McD to get the cups paraded.  Home game v Courts’s Colts as we’ve got Europe that midweek as well would be okay.

Any preferences who we face?

I’m guessing we’ll get a different coloured away kit this season purely because we’re in Europe and can’t use yellow twice. Then again who knows if our current yellow kit actually complies given how much blue is in it! 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I’m guessing we’ll get a different coloured away kit this season purely because we’re in Europe and can’t use yellow twice. Then again who knows if our current yellow kit actually complies given how much blue is in it! 

From what I have heard this years away is not yellow

29 minutes ago, Ric said:

You're making an assumption there, me ol' mucker, however if you are looking for inferiority, then it's delivered in spades right here.

Calm yourself, although I do remember the 70s! Black and white dinosaurs and 3 channels on the TV, so it was.

You'll be fine. Davidson has taken, what is on paper, a very average side and done very well with them. I expect him to do similar this coming season.

You’ve said it. We achieved a lot with very little. Perhaps gives you an insight into why we’re not particularly fussed about losing a squad player to a side who finished below us in the league and failed to achieve what our average team did in the cups. 

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

From what I have heard this years away is not yellow

Well I don’t think it can be unless we’re bringing out another coloured kit too. Whoever signed off on the half and half blue/yellow kit was an idiot. 

f**k me, Tam is taking this well.
Normally I'd say it was a transparent attempt at bites, but considering his team failed to keep their own player, failed to sign the player they wanted, and were forced to resign a player they don't really want but do so on inflated wages because another team played them like a cheap fiddle it's no surprise the old fella is grumpy.
Imagine the pinnacle of your team's existence and you are still being given the run around? Gotta hurt, and it seems like it is.
That's RandomGuy levels of revisionism.