Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:
Posting a video of your own team getting horsed 6-0 at home to prove a point to yourself about a player you've tried, and failed, to sign is a quite phenomenal self-own.

Isn't it the case that we didnt try try hard to keep him?

I wouldn't know. But I do know you tried.

Did Saints fans all head over to the St. Mirren thread and give it the big aine when MOH turned them down to sign a new deal or is that only something they freaks do? 

They're getting slightly over excited about this are they not? Strange thing to want to gloat about. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Did Saints fans all head over to the St. Mirren thread and give it the big aine when MOH turned them down to sign a new deal or is that only something they freaks do? 

They're getting slightly over excited about this are they not? Strange thing to want to gloat about. 

Oh no, what happened with the Saintees posters in regards to MOH on the St Mirren thread was much, much funnier than that.

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

Oh no, what happened with the Saintees posters in regards to MOH on the St Mirren thread was much, much funnier than that.

You have a good attacking wingback in Tanser but you will need a more defensive player when coming up against players such as MOH and Rooney...That is taking away nothing from Tanser it's just that we all k ow his defensive frailties and that's why he was always dropped in favour of Booth in these situations.

20 minutes ago, GAD said:

Oh god. I’m too old for this shit. 

Goodwin wouldn’t be doing his job right if he’s not looking at the likes of Tanser, MOH, Middleton etc if/when they are available. They helped get us to where St Mirren are trying to get to. I’d be really disappointed if we didn’t try to bring Middleton back in, he was a genuine game changer for us at the business end of last season. 

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Oh god. I’m too old for this shit. 

Goodwin wouldn’t be doing his job right if he’s not looking at the likes of Tanser, MOH, Middleton etc if/when they are available. They helped get us to where St Mirren are trying to get to. I’d be really disappointed if we didn’t try to bring Middleton back in, he was a genuine game changer for us at the business end of last season. 

It’s pretty clear that St Mirren are trying to copy everything we do in a pathetic attempt to mirror our success. They’ve signed Tanser, tried to sign O’Halloran, snatched Kiltie from underneath our noses, and I note that they’ve just signed up a bald goal virgin up front.

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Farewell, Scott. 

2137044175_image(2).jpg.c50aee72943ad796c121706a3ab78d36.jpg

That one annoyed the f**k out of me. Sitting behind that goal, and watching the cross come over and Tanser stand rooted as the Motherwell player ran off him.

Kerr was caught under it a bit, but Cole had the run on him.  Tanser just watched it happen, didn't want to know.  I remember Kerr turning to him after as If to say come on to f**k, help me out here.

There's been plenty of Tanser highlights, but now he's a st Mirren player it's important to focus on the negatives!   I think this here is one of his worst moments. Inexplicable...

Deary me, never did i ever think I'd see the day when Tanser got Saints fans talking about him this much. Sure we've lamented about how much of a shitebag he is in the past, we've even praised the laddie for the odd free kick. It is now time to leave him and Clive be, thank f**k really, although I'll miss Clive linking him with lower end English Premier clubs, then championship, then league 1 etc etc, that was always fun.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Posting a video of your own team getting horsed 6-0 at home to prove a point to yourself about a player you've tried, and failed, to sign is a quite phenomenal self-own.

The game was about 3 years ago now, and doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh.

Anyone who gets worked up by a game in the past is OFTW, tis just a game after all.

4 hours ago, WHU said:

Think you’ll find that will be Dunne’s  job

If he actually plays regularly, remember. He's regularly played about 3 seasons in his career.

After breaking the news about Tanser yesterday, St Mirren are trying to get Guy Melamed as well. 

Saints made him one offer and when Clive came back with his own figure, that was the end of the talks. How St Mirren are financing all this, including a significant loan fee for Glenn Middleton, is beyond me. 

Two clubs working off similar turnovers but with very different budgets. 

After breaking the news about Tanser yesterday, St Mirren are trying to get Guy Melamed as well. 
Saints made him one offer and when Clive came back with his own figure, that was the end of the talks. How St Mirren are financing all this, including a significant loan fee for Glenn Middleton, is beyond me. 
Two clubs working off similar turnovers but with very different budgets. 
Paisley drug money?

8 hours ago, AJF said:

St Johnstone fans seem a tad salty about Tanser leaving.

Nobody is tbh. He'd lost his place in the team and was looking for a pay rise despite that, his time was up here months ago.

I'm the only remotely bothered about anything this window so far tbh, and that's only because I'm terrified we're about to match something that happened 7 years ago, rather than anything that's actually happened this window.

Kiltie was the trigger for that, not because he's some amazing player I'm gutted we missed out on, but because of the principle that it felt like he was a key target and we weren't able to get it done. Conversely St Mirren signing Tanser has put some context to that, as they're clearly going to be upping their budget if they've given him a pay rise from us.

I anticipate the posts of "seething/tears" etc., for whats a measured post (by my standards), but P&B rules apply.

Edited by RandomGuy.

44 minutes ago, Radford said:

We offered Guy an appropriate deal for his efforts. Great touch he has and he hit form at the right time for Saints,  while no of our other forwards were. If you look at the big games or the ones against the best sides he came up short. Left out of both finals tells you how much Callum could rely on him, so off you pop Guy, thanks for your efforts.

Who was the last player to leave Saints and actually kick on? 

I think it's especially true when you look at what is essentially just trading players in the bottom two divisions, the key for clubs isn't the individuals they have but the man in charge of them and the environment they are working in. 

We've been disappointed to see so many players leave over the past decade but has it ever had a discernible impact? The reason it hasn't is because new players come into the same environment, are treated the same way and coached the same way. They don't look around the dressing room and wonder why they aren't getting paid what the guy sitting next to them is. 

Saints haven't had to build a new side in over 15 years and the manager, as disappointed as he probably is at losing Scott Tanser, will bring a new left back in that is within our budget and that he can work with to operate in our system, which for as long as, has always been greater than the sum of its parts.