Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nobody is tbh. He'd lost his place in the team and was looking for a pay rise despite that, his time was up here months ago.

I'm the only remotely bothered about anything this window so far tbh, and that's only because I'm terrified we're about to match something that happened 7 years ago, rather than anything that's actually happened this window.

Kiltie was the trigger for that, not because he's some amazing player I'm gutted we missed out on, but because of the principle that it felt like he was a key target and we weren't able to get it done. Conversely St Mirren signing Tanser has put some context to that, as they're clearly going to be upping their budget if they've given him a pay rise from us.

I anticipate the posts of "seething/tears" etc., for whats a measured post (by my standards), but P&B rules apply.

Aye, I think saying his time was up is fair enough and is the normal kind of reaction you see when a player moves on from a club. This has certainly been a bit more than that though - plenty ridiculing going on and a lot of people desperate to highlight how bad a player they think he is.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I think saying his time was up is fair enough and is the normal kind of reaction you see when a player moves on from a club. This has certainly been a bit more than that though - plenty ridiculing going on and a lot of people desperate to highlight how bad a player they think he is.

No. He was decent for us, and everyone would have been happy to see him sign again.  But he hasn't, and we'll have to find another average/decent left back to replace him.  

All players have a value, and it appears Tanser's agent was chasing a far higher wage than what he was worth.  He was dreadful when he arrived in Perth and has come on massively in his time here.  

Highlighting his flaws is perfectly acceptable for Saints fans showing each other that he was far from some irreplaceable superstar.

Just now, Radford said:

St Mirren letting Tanser stay in Blackpool and flying him up on Thursday mornings through to Saturday night.

Training with Stockport County (!) in early part of week.

Sounds like he's really committed to the Paisley renaissance.

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

St Mirren letting Tanser stay in Blackpool and flying him up on Thursday mornings through to Saturday night.

Training with Stockport County (!) in early part of week.

Don't like swearing when it isn't necessary, but that is fucking mental.

9 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I thought a few rogue buddies would have swallowed Radford's powerbait but not you guys smh.

Considering how much a move back down to Engerland was touted when he left Saints, it honestly wouldn't even surprise me!

2 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Considering how much a move back down to Engerland was touted when he left Saints, it honestly wouldn't even surprise me!

I'm sure we'll be similarly perplexed in a few short weeks when Ilkay Durmus rocks up at Aberdeen or Hibs after assuring us that he was rejecting a contract as he wanted to go home...

I’d rather the club took their time With signing new players. We’ve a rather settled starting XI, so anyone coming in will likely be backup or is going to need to work hard to break into the team.