Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just terrified we repeat the Summer of 2014. Would it be a massive shock if we don't add anyone to improve the first team, end up losing McCann in the final weeks of August, and spend the final week scrambling about for a CM on loan because Gilmours nowhere near it?

Plenty of time to go, and the better players probably become available later on, but Kiltie is exactly the profile we want (Wotherspoon deputy, under 25, experienced at this level), and we've lost out with him to a team who consistently finish below us. There's nobody else available who matches that profile that I can think of.

What a state to get yourself into over losing out on Greg Kiltie.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

What a state to get yourself into over losing out on Greg Kiltie.

I'm not bothered about the actual player.

It's just worrying that the first real reported target who the manager would likely have really wanted has moved to a club further down the same division. 

Last time we won the Cup we had a disastrous transfer window after it. I'm just worried we stand still this Summer again.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Settle down Random. We have 23 signed players, 17 or  I8 which you’d consider to be senior pros. 10 of the 11 players who started the Scottish cup final are still here and our competitive season doesn’t start for, what, 7 weeks? I’m sure the club are moving on signings. Certainly no need to panic at this stage. 

Edited by Kyle

21 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Middleton will be back with us next season. No worries.

Not unless St Mirren drop out of the reckoning. No chance of Saints paying the loan fee they are prepared to. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Settle down Random. We have 23 signed players, 17 or  I8 which you’d consider to be senior pros. 10 of the 11 players who started the Scottish cup final are still here and our competitive season doesn’t start for, what, 7 weeks? I’m sure the club are moving on signings. Certainly no need to panic at this stage. 

It just felt like Kiltie was one the manager wanted, and the club haven't been able to get it done while we're probably as appealing as we'll ever be.

We definitely have a strong squad as is, and are probably further along the road in terms of that than sides making signings. My entire issue here is the club not getting one the manager wanted done. It just leaves a lingering taste about the rest of the Summer/contract renewals. The deals already extended this Summer have all be easy ones.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It just felt like Kiltie was one the manager wanted, and the club haven't been able to get it done while we're probably as appealing as we'll ever be.

We definitely have a strong squad as is, and are probably further along the road in terms of that than sides making signings. My entire issue here is the club not getting one the manager wanted done. It just leaves a lingering taste about the rest of the Summer/contract renewals. The deals already extended this Summer have all be easy ones.

How do we know that’s the one the manager wanted though? Beyond a couple of stories in the media and couple of posts on here and on Twitter, I’ve not seen us anything to suggest that’s the case. We just need to be patient and let the club do their work behind the scenes. Kiltie is probably the first signing at another club I’ve been remotely envious of so far and I’d hope we were in for him. We know we can’t (won’t)  compete with most clubs in terms of wages though, so we just need to be patient  and let the club get the work done. 

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Craig Booth

Wotherspoon

May Kane

Subs Parish Denham Bryson Davidson O’Halloran Gilmour Hendry Ballantyne Northcott

If that’s the squad/team we’re able to put out on the 31st of July then I’d back us to pick something in whatever game we’re playing. 

Edited by Kyle

Its rare for us to be so heavily linked with a player for so long, so to me there was definitely something concrete in it, IMO.

Happy to wait and see what happens, as still like 3 months left of the window, I'd just hoped we'd be further along with certain things than we are. Our top flight status was confirmed about 3 months ago. Things take time obviously, but there's not snhuge amount needing done so it shoud be all fairly focused.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

A European run?

Oaft.

We've got 2 chances to get into group stages. Not saying it will happen, but the club have to consider it. By Saints standards that would surely qualify as a European run?

17 minutes ago, Silvio said:

So, Tanser then. Any good ? 

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Good going forward. Hits a decent cross and free kick. 

Defensively he's an absolute shitebag.

This^^^ and also he is better in a 5, if you play him in a 4 you're asking for trouble.

11 minutes ago, Silvio said:

So, Tanser then. Any good ? 

He was really weak when he joined us. One of those players you played with at boys clubs that could do hundreds of kewpie uppies and all the tricks but an absolute shitebag on the park.

But he's come on massively and is a very good left back/ lwb.  A good signing at this level.  Seems a bit of a confidence player so a good start for whoever he joins could be key.

As well as a sweet left foot, decent hitter of free kicks round the box, he's got a great leap on him and wins more than his share of headers.

Tanser is decent but the manager always picked Booth for the big games.  A good player but a bit of a shitebag. He was always going to the highest bidder this summer given the way his agent has been acting in the press  and has been phased out of the team of late, writing has been on the wall for a while.