Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I reckon we’ll be signing a striker and winger/wide forward with the intention of those two being starters. I think we need a striker to replace Melamed, two wide options to replace Conway and Middleton, and a back-up central defender. This is assuming that we tie down Tanser and Brown.

I'm nonplussed to be honest. I'd happily have seen him away and I don't think he's done anything to deserve a 2 year deal. However if that wage of his has been reduced then I'm probably fine with it, we know what he can do and he's a useful impact sub for the last 15/20 minutes of a game if we're winning or losing to be honest. 
This.

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Gilmour is there in case we need to replace McCann, either through injury or sale and to be quite honest the boy has all the attributes to do that. 

This is the first year we can say we have a settled, good enough, team to play our European ties. It's just a pity those ties will likely be against far better sides than we've faced in previous years.

The way we've played, especially in the latter part of this season, we've been well organised and well disciplined, very much playing as a team. Even against the OF we have mostly played well, held our own. The fact that we look like keeping the bulk of that squad means we can hopefully keep that momentum going, add a few to it and why should we not have a go at these "bigger" European teams!

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

St Mirren offered O'Halloran more than he was earning on his last contract, so to not only have him turn that down but take a wage reduction is testament to his loyalty. 

Incredible commitment from MOH. I’m a St Johnstone fan and would’ve signed for St Mirren in those circumstances.

Apparently he was getting on well with Jim Goodwin but got really bad vibes from Tony Fitzpatrick.

I’ve had bad vibes from Fitzpatrick for ages so it’s understandable.

19 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Surprised by two years. 

Won't be surprised if we actually don't sign a single player intended for the first eleven this summer. 

I would be. We absolutely need goals and we've lost Melamed. Not that he was a goal machine but we're a striker down and Hendry doesn't seem to be what Callum wants (and in any case is still very much unproven). We've also  lost Middleton. We absolutely must sign a starting striker. We can't get by another season on scoring single figures at home over the entire campaign. 

If we can manage one quality signing up front I'd be happy enough with a journeyman CB signed as backup and a similar level wide player. We don't need to break the bank for cover in those areas. If we can extend any of the 2022 contracts that would be a bonus. 

That should give us the depth of squad for a realistic top six and at good cup runs, and be aiming for better, and we won't have had to stretch ourselves financially to do it. Anything that we make in Europe could be well timed as I'm much more concerned about next summer, we've got a lot of contracts expiring. 

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

Apparently he was getting on well with Jim Goodwin but got really bad vibes from Tony Fitzpatrick.

I'd heard he doubted his ability to force his way into the best St Mirren in 30 years.

A dilemma... 

In light of Nissan vacating their premises (as revealed by @mizfit yesterday) should we:

• Create the super pub there. 
  • Stick with the plans for the asbestos-ridden pigeon nest next door. 
  • Just build a bigger super pub using both sites. 

It wasn’t me I think who said it was gone but f**k it I’ll take credit.

Build a super pub with a rotating statue of Shaun Rooney shooting lasers into the sky.

1 minute ago, Radford said:

A dilemma... 

In light of Nissan vacating their premises (as revealed by @mizfit yesterday) should we:

• Create the super pub there. 
  • Stick with the plans for the asbestos-ridden pigeon nest next door. 
  • Just build a bigger super pub using both sites. 

Use the whole site at the trophy room, IMO.

Can’t wait to walk in and ask for a pint of Tommy’s tears, then wash is down with some good old fashioned Blue beer from the inveralmond.