Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Meh.

Happy enough to keep the squad together, but still not sure where he actually fits. If he's taken a hefty wage cut and is a squad player than that's fine.

I'm nonplussed to be honest. I'd happily have seen him away and I don't think he's done anything to deserve a 2 year deal. However if that wage of his has been reduced then I'm probably fine with it, we know what he can do and he's a useful impact sub for the last 15/20 minutes of a game if we're winning or losing to be honest. 

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

Jason Kerr - 2022

Liam Gordon - 2022

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Callum Booth - 2022

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Ali McCann - 2023

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Liam Craig - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2022 (?)

Alex Ferguson - 2023 

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Michael O’Halloran- 2023

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022

Offered New/permanent contract

James Brown

Scott Tanser

Left the club 

Craig Conway (released)

Aaron Steele (signed for east fife)

Olly Hamilton (released)

John Robertson (released)

Guy Melamed (released)

Loan expired

Glenn Middleton 

James Brown

Just Tanser left to sort out in terms of new the current squad’s contract situation, and maybe making Brown’s stay permanent. 

Starters - Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Rooney, Booth, Craig, McCann, Wotherspoon, May, Kane

Subs - Parish, Davidson, Bryson, Gilmour, MOH, Hendry

Matchday squad is coming together now. Desperately need defensive cover of any description, and probably another winger and striker.

Can't imagine there's many other teams so settled in terms of quality and depth at this stage of the season.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Just Tanser left to sort out in terms of new the current squad’s contract situation, and maybe making Brown’s stay permanent. 

Still expecting Tanser to leave, but Tanser, Brown, back up CB, Wotherspoon back up, Striker and we're probably good to go?

Can then add a Middleton-esque player too if you like.

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Mikey has looked really good in the past couple of months so I’m pleased to see him stay. Think he’s still got plenty to offer.

Agree TRS, I'm happy with this. Just needs to get off to a good start and get the confidence flowing. The first game at Tannadice killed any momentum he had going into last season.

First 11 and depth in midfield is very strong, we’ve also got more than enough goalies. 

defensive cover (both wing backs, one of which can also cover cb), a starting winger/number 10 and a penalty box striker would be my wish list. 

Thing is we were running with a squad which was probably 2/3 bodies too light anyway, so having the majority of the squad signed up makes sense. Replace the 3/4 you've got leaving plus the additional numbers and I'd say we're still looking for 5/6 players minimum, depending on where Davidson sees the youngsters fitting in. Realistically Ferguson is going out on loan and I suspect ideally you'd have Gilmour and Ballantyne out for 6 months to the Championship to get game time after the European qualifying fixtures. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

First 11 and depth in midfield is very strong, we’ve also got more than enough goalies. 

defensive cover (both wing backs, one of which can also cover cb), a starting winger/number 10 and a penalty box striker would be my wish list. 

So if Tanser has a change of heart and re-signs, and we sign Brown for another season, manage to get Middleton for another season, then we're just a striker and centre back required.

I hate to say it, but I'll be amazed (and delighted) if McCann is still with us next season. 

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

Thing is we were running with a squad which was probably 2/3 bodies too light anyway, so having the majority of the squad signed up makes sense. Replace the 3/4 you've got leaving plus the additional numbers and I'd say we're still looking for 5/6 players minimum, depending on where Davidson sees the youngsters fitting in. Realistically Ferguson is going out on loan and I suspect ideally you'd have Gilmour and Ballantyne out for 6 months to the Championship to get game time after the European qualifying fixtures. 

Gilmour is there in case we need to replace McCann, either through injury or sale and to be quite honest the boy has all the attributes to do that. 

This is the first year we can say we have a settled, good enough, team to play our European ties. It's just a pity those ties will likely be against far better sides than we've faced in previous years.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Gilmour is there in case we need to replace McCann, either through injury or sale and to be quite honest the boy has all the attributes to do that. 

This is the first year we can say we have a settled, good enough, team to play our European ties. It's just a pity those ties will likely be against far better sides than we've faced in previous years.

Is it wrong to be more hopeful because we tend to do well against the Rosenborgs and Luzerns while struggling against the Trakais and f*cking Minsks?