Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I really love the guy that says we play five at the back with two defensive midfielders and Kerr is asked to do nothing but sit on the edge of our box and defend. And that Porteous is orders of magnitude better and “better on the ball”.
As if the last goal we scored against them didn’t involve two wing backs playing on the edge of their box - and that that isn’t pretty typical of the game we play.
Honestly can’t believe that lot have watched Porteous all season and still rave about him - it can’t just be against us that he makes constant, glaring errors that lead to chances/goals.

I’ve a pal that supports Hibs.
Whilst he reckons Porteous has potential to go all the way he’s admitted he’s too careless and more likely to make a mistake.

I can’t see us selling Kerr to Hibs. He will end up at Hibs for a spell, it’s a given but I can see it being after a spell down south.

25 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I know the first bit was Hibs.net shite, the end bit was you though. We don't sit deeper against Hibs any more than any other top half side. We play the same way against most of the better sides. Hibs just arent as well set up or as good individually as the others so leave gaps that we exploit.  Hibs think they're a decent side that can play football, we teach them otherwise. So less of the we sit on the edge of our box chat and focus on the positives please.

You just concentrate on getting players signed up/deals extended, pls.

Won't be long until the "c'mon, do something" meme starts appearing on this thread.

Hibs.net unsurprisingly still on about Jason Kerr.
Latest is he's available for £300k and we'd "find it hard" to reject that amount of money.
A few doubters he's worth it though, as he apparently spends 90 minutes camped in our box, alongside 4 other defenders, with 2 DMs in front of him, and wouldn't be impressive if he was asked to play further up the park.
Hibs fans genuinely do seem to think the way we play against them is how we play every game.
That's not how we play against them either.

I really love the guy that says we play five at the back with two defensive midfielders and Kerr is asked to do nothing but sit on the edge of our box and defend. And that Porteous is orders of magnitude better and “better on the ball”.
As if the last goal we scored against them didn’t involve two wing backs playing on the edge of their box - and that that isn’t pretty typical of the game we play.
Honestly can’t believe that lot have watched Porteous all season and still rave about him - it can’t just be against us that he makes constant, glaring errors that lead to chances/goals.
United fans said the same about Gary Kenneth.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
4 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

United fans said the same about Gary Kenneth.

I was a young lad at the time but seeing him flounder about at McDiarmid for United, looking completely out his depth while taking a pumping in the cup from First Division St. Johnstone I could tell then he was a haddy.

Getting very similar vibes about Porteous.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I'm pretty sure you were very unlucky to lose to them at the begin of the season too?

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm pretty sure you were very unlucky to lose to them at the begin of the season too?

You'll be shocked to hear the only difference between the sides that day was a Hibs player diving to win a penalty.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll be shocked to hear the only difference between the sides that day was a Hibs player diving to win a penalty.

Actually it wasn’t, we’d had a perfectly good goal ruled out when Callum Hendry was a yard inside. Ohh how his season might have been different if that had stood. 

59 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes. Last minute penalty when Porto fell over.  We had been the better side.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Remember watching it. Had thought Hendry missed a sitter but as mentioned above he had a goal disallowed.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Chris Maguire apparently "signing for a Scottish top flight club", btw.

Would probably be a fair replacement for Conway, and a better "fit" in the front three than MOH.

Conway/MOH out, Maguire/Middleton in, would feel like an upgrade.

Heard a few rumours that Maguire is coming to us, obviously a lot of shite if what you say is true. 

Will do a job for someone. Handy player. 

Edited by Nadroj

5 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Changed your tune?

What?

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

Heard a few rumours that Maguire is coming to us, obviously a lot of shite if what you say is true. 

Will do a job for someone. Handy player. 

It was one of those "ex agent" accounts on twitter tbf. One of them was linking "ex Buddies striker Guy Melamed" to Sunderland, so...

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Never knew that. 

Lafferty not for me either, not sure he'd fit in.  We very much are about the sum of the parts, and if a billy bigtime came in chasing headlines then it might disrupt that. Plus he'd be after a lot of money, would rather spend it extending deals for some of our young stars.

😄

12 minutes ago, The Marly said:

On the match thread at the time you were adamant it was a penalty.

*shrugs*