Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

I had a load of issues renewing mine and my son's tickets. Ended up emailing the club and Bev sorted it out. 

Yeah I’ve emailed and phoned in. Awaiting a call back to sort. Hopefully it’s just a glitch with me. I really hope new season ticket holders don’t face this system issue 

Just now, PauloPerth said:

League only, Callachan was 9 goals and 3 assists, the 13th best in the country. No Saints player was near that.

He got 5 non-penalty goals and 3 assists in the league.

In the league May had 3 non-penalty goals and 4 assists. Conway got 3 non-pen goals and 3 assists. Wotherspoon got 3 non-pen goals and 5 assists.

Tend to try and ignore penalty goals tbh, as teams can go the vast majority of a season without getting one, maybe unfair to do that though. A lot of Callachans goal were long rangers too. So you've got Callachan scoring goals but it's from unreliable sources. Hendry is a pretty good example of why it's important you don't get sucked in by players goal record alone IMO.

Worth remembering 4 of his goals were penalties. So 5 open play goals this season.
Less than Wotherspoon manged.
Stevie May scored 10 goals this season too, if we're including penalties.
Penalties still count. In fact it might be worth signing him for his penalty record alone!
Seriously though, we must surely be able to do better than Callachan.

6 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Penalties still count. In fact it might be worth signing him for his penalty record alone!

I'm never sure whether to include them or not, tbh, but verge on not. Otherwise we'd be having serious discussions about Scott Tanser being a reliable source of goals...

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Seriously though, we must surely be able to do better than Callachan.

Going to Ross County anyway 

But not good enough for Saints in my opinion 

I'm never sure whether to include them or not, tbh, but verge on not. Otherwise we'd be having serious discussions about Scott Tanser being a reliable source of goals...
I played amateurs for 18 years. In 18 years, I scored 41 goals, 32 of them penalties. They fucking count [emoji16]

The Celtic game mentioned was very early in Callachan's time at the club but was the day I knew he wasn't for me. Several of the goals stemmed from him charging out of the shape and creating space that Celtic exploited. I don't think Tommy Wright every really trusted him again after that, which makes you question why he even signed him. 

Trapped the ball further than some folk could kick it and always went to ground when tackling. 

Either by luck of design, Brian Rice found a way to get something out of him last season. 

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Either by luck of design, Brian Rice found a way to get something out of him last season. 

Bit of both, I think.

If Templeton hadn't gotten injured then Callachan would've played a deeper role. He'd have looked worse and scored less, and he'd probably have spent next season at Hamilton. Instead he's got bloated figures in a role he'll never play again, and earned a 3yr deal likely earning more than he did at us.

Wild.

Was confused by the season ticket tweets earlier as well, but on further thought I guess they're holding back seats for those who might still want to renew but also opening out general sale simultaneously?

6 minutes ago, Super_J said:

Was confused by the season ticket tweets earlier as well, but on further thought I guess they're holding back seats for those who might still want to renew but also opening out general sale simultaneously?

Yeah that was my interpretation.

They'll hold season ticket holders seats until the renewal window is finished, while there'll be a general sale for all other available seats.

Seems a decent plan tbf.

Bit of both, I think.
If Templeton hadn't gotten injured then Callachan would've played a deeper role. He'd have looked worse and scored less, and he'd probably have spent next season at Hamilton. Instead he's got bloated figures in a role he'll never play again, and earned a 3yr deal likely earning more than he did at us.
Wild.
He might well play that role again tbh. I would imagine County signed him on the basis of last season's performances.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:

He might well play that role again tbh. I would imagine County signed him on the basis of last season's performances.

Any team who gives Callachan such an important role in their side will be fighting relegation, IMO.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any team who gives Callachan such an important role in their side will be fighting relegation, IMO.

Saw he was on a day out with Kerr & Kane which gave me the fear.

As an aside, I still can’t really believe we won a cup double this season. What an achievement.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Saw he was on a day out with Kerr & Kane which gave me the fear.

As an aside, I still can’t really believe we won a cup double this season. What an achievement.

Danny Swanson was there as well so maybe we should be shitting ourselves😉.

There is logical explanation on why they were all out i believe   

11 minutes ago, Center half said:

Danny Swanson was there as well so maybe we should be shitting ourselves😉.

There is logical explanation on why they were all out i believe   

Jason Kerr treating his three mates to lunch with his signing on fee from his new contract extension?   Excellent 

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

treating them to lunch celebrating his move to his boyhood hero's Hibs....

Hopefully this is read by some Hibs fan who posts on their forum. Been far too long since I've read a "Kerr is desperate to leave them, £500k would get him easy" post on there.