Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

impossible - team now off for 4/5 weeks plus some of the squad will now be away from the club. 

I was afraid that might be the case

Was having a look over results this season.

After December, what game do you think we turned the corner?

Bit of a debate between me and my dad right now with this. I’m insistent it was the 3-2 comeback win v Kilmarnock.

He’s adamant putting 3 past Hibs at Hampden was where the team woke up.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was having a look over results this season.

After December, what game do you think we turned the corner?

Bit of a debate between me and my dad right now with this. I’m insistent it was the 3-2 comeback win v Kilmarnock.

He’s adamant putting 3 past Hibs at Hampden was where the team woke up.

Killie one for me - at 2 down - we looked lost and the league table was not going to be making good reading.

38 minutes ago, Radford said:

Heard Saints had a sniff but absolutely blown out of the water by other clubs when it came to wages.

How do Motherwell afford to blow us out of the water? Aren't they fan-owned?

Edited by shibbydoo

39 minutes ago, Radford said:

Heard Saints had a sniff but absolutely blown out of the water by other clubs when it came to wages.

Maybe Motherwell no longer have the smallest budget in the league now Robinson is away? 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

The HRP interview with Geoff Brown was a great listen. You could hear what he's got to say for hours and never get bored. Read JW saying on WAP that it was an interview 25 years in the making, but it was worth the wait. 

Clear to see which managers he had all the time in the world for and which ones he... didn't. 

Any chance you could post a link, I'd like to listen to that one.

23 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

How do Motherwell afford to blow us out of the water? Aren't they fan-owned?

Turnbull money bankrolling wages, they will end up in trouble further down the line.

Fan ownership is ok if you know what you are doing.

Give me the Saints style fan ownership , The Brown family any day of the week .

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Connor Shields isn't Perth bound anyway.

Expecting the likes of Hendry and McCowan to end up at other top flight sides aswell, tbh.

Still really intrigued to see how Davidson goes in terms of "type". Been a mixed bag so far but this is the first real window he's been able to plan for.

Interesting the BBC article says we "lost £2m in cash flow" this season due to Covid. Not entirely sure how that's broken down in terms of actual losses.

Brown has an unreal ability to obliterate folk with what seems the most minimal of effort though. A massive dig at TW while simultaneously making it seem like he's just an after though. 

Screenshot_20210527-185027_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b2c83f4f42d9cf3961fd04614e7b8f63.jpg

Refuse to believe the "such a likeable individual" bit isn't a dig at TW.

Good success rate for Davidson so far.  Bryson, Conway, Middleton and Melamed all made very positive contributions to the season.  Danny Mac was good and Brown has been steady when he's come in.  The young Millwall striker, i forget his name as he hardly featured, didn't work out but he was probably just signed as cover.

Ive probably missed one or two..

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Good success rate for Davidson so far.  Bryson, Conway, Middleton and Melamed all made very positive contributions to the season.  Danny Mac was good and Brown has been steady when he's come in.  The young Millwall striker, i forget his name as he hardly featured, didn't work out but he was probably just signed as cover.

Yeah sorry when I said "mixed bag" I didn't mean in terms of quality, just in terms of what they were.

As in young loanees, young players to develop, players in their peak, players close to the end. He signed, at least, one of each really.

Interested to see if that continues into a window he's planned for. Last Summer felt a bit like him just getting as much quality in as he could.

Connor Shields must have "flown under the Radar " for me anyway, never heard of him, i see from Wikipedia he is much the same as Callum Hendry(Age, starts etc) i would imagine so why we would offer a lot of money on him is a No No for me anyway!     

Nobody cares etc., but the CB I desperately hoped we'd sign has just joined Watford. 

Half hoping he'll get lost in their loan system and find himself free to move in a couple of years.

Also, Iain Wilson needs signed. Free next Summer. Chuck some pish wee amount + a sell on fee at Dunfermline in January IMO.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Isaac “Tanto” Olaofe

i believe he’s scored 17 or 18 for Sutton United to help lift them out of the National League and into the EFL League Two for next season while on loan. Not sure how National League is in relevance to the Scottish leagues but maybe that was his level at that stage of his career 

Certainly interesting how Olaofe has done and think Millwall have given him a new deal. 

He looked very raw but the feedback before the season started had been positive and who knows what would have happened if he'd scored that chance at Ibrox. 

rangers-v-st-johnstone-scottish-premiership-football-ibrox-glasgow-scotland-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10741967ay.thumb.jpg.f006c6e8a9198be94a7b1d1a19e2ec38.jpg