Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

My Sunderland pal raves about him, says he's a stand out at that level. He also adds, must train like shite or not get on with Johnson because he hardly ever starts but when he does he's far better than what's been playing ahead of him.

He comes out decent as a sort of winger/second striker no matter how you look at him.

1146363130_download(4).thumb.png.7cc21333ee556f61d45589efe4a2bf0d.png

But is that what we need really? Would probably be more a Conway replacement than anything. Would still need someone to finish the chances.

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

United apparently.

Apparently it'll be confirmed on Friday. 

Don’t know what to think about this. Good that it’s the favourites and mctominay is in the side  but  feels like should be willing Villarreal on

10 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Can’t support Man Utd, take the extra game!

I'd rather take the guaranteed £3 million than taking pretty long odds a round earlier, personally! The latter rounds in Europe competition aren't for me though, wouldn't care less who won if we didn't have skin in the game.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'd rather take the guaranteed £3 million than taking pretty long odds a round earlier, personally! The latter rounds in Europe competition aren't for me though, wouldn't care less who won if we didn't have skin in the game.

I know, think they’ll win just won’t root for them.

6 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Anything I can find says Villarreal or Chelsea to win...

That was the situation before Chelsea made the top 4. Ideally they would've finished 5th/6th then won the CL.

This was the last I read on it.

Screenshot_20210526-140757_Chrome.jpg.b8652b07191254e5e4b51e5f4bb8b878.jpg

On 08/05/2021 at 11:59, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Boyd is so thick he doesn't even know that  Saints have had a third place and three fourth places finishes in the past eight years 

Fully expecting Tommy Wright to replicate this record over the next 8 years with us.

Of course it’ll be in the Championship but beggars can’t be choosers.

The HRP interview with Geoff Brown was a great listen. You could hear what he's got to say for hours and never get bored. Read JW saying on WAP that it was an interview 25 years in the making, but it was worth the wait. 

Clear to see which managers he had all the time in the world for and which ones he... didn't. 

Hopefully by the end of the week, we'll have some clarity on Europe and also the remaining out of contract players. 

I think Scott Tanser has been fairly upfront that he's wanting to move on but Melamed far less so. As GB said in his HRP interview, Saints don't budge on wage demands, you either take what's on offer or not. So this whole rhetoric from Clive that he wants to stay but we need to up the offer can get in the sea. 

O'Halloran is obviously going to be on reduced terms but if ever a player should beware of the grass in the neighbouring paddock, it's him. 

Conway has faded right out of things. Thanks for doing a job but (and @perthsaint1977 mentioned this) if his family are still down south, I think it's time up for him.

Robertson, Hamilton, Northcott, Ballantyne etc... I really hope that they give the latter a chance after two good years on loan but they maybe feel its just going to be stopping him playing football. The loans for the attackers were all pretty disastrous. 

Maybe more likely is everyone is on holiday and it'll be the end of June before we awaken again. 

49 minutes ago, Radford said:

Hopefully by the end of the week, we'll have some clarity on Europe and also the remaining out of contract players. 

Think contracts maybe expire at the end of the month? So presumably we'll get news on who's leaving once that rolls around.

Fully expect the announcement to be that Tanser and Melamed have rejected our offer, Conway is away, MOH is still in talks, and a raft of youngsters have been released.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:
Can read all sorts into this, but to me it sounds like we won't see him at Saints again.

That's such a fucking weird Tweet.

Actually, I've just looked at the TL and they're thanking Scott Burns for running a story about Andrew Shinnie...what sort of oddball agency does that?

Can read all sorts into this, but to me it sounds like we won't see him at Saints again.

My pal dropped him off at Edinburgh Airport yesterday so likely he’s away home for now, he tried to question him but the general response was he’d like to stay but he’s open.

In other words he’s away.

Just now, capt_oats said:

That's such a fucking weird Tweet.

Actually, I've just looked at the TL and they're thanking Scott Burns for running a story about Andrew Shinnie...what sort of oddball agency does that?

The guys a bit odd tbh. Forgotten his name but if you Google him he makes a big push to turn all his clients into vegans.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My pal dropped him off at Edinburgh Airport yesterday so likely he’s away home for now, he tried to question him but the general response was he’d like to stay but he’s open.

In other words he’s away.

Yeah felt inevitable really. Too much money in signing for new clubs for agents, so he'll likely spend all Summer hawking him around the English lower leagues.