Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Possibly, but only after I've finished writing a celebratory anthem about Dundee's promotion.

I would like to add, since the full time whistle tonight I have garnered 4 (four) new Tinder matches. If you could mention me in the song, I might even get my hole off of one. 

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I would like to add, since the full time whistle tonight I have garnered 4 (four) new Tinder matches. If you could mention me in the song, I might even get my hole off of one. 

Thank you. 

You’re obviously giving off those winning vibes.

St Johnstone fans would be matching with worldies left right and centre right now.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You’re obviously giving off those winning vibes.

St Johnstone fans would be matching with worldies left right and centre right now.

Matching with twins. We love doubles after all. 

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

How reliable are these randoms though? Any of us could post something like that. 

It's been rumoured for a while I think, tbf. Doesn't mean anything either way though I guess.

Killie a timely reminder that you can't just stop after a success, keep doing the same things, and hope it lasts. After they punted Alessio they virtually just tried to repeat what Clarke had done, without him and with the same ageing group, and this is where they've ended up.

I dont think we'll make the same mistakes, but just seems to take one or two bad windows to f**k teams in this league.

Killie failed because the players didn’t like their manager.

They appointed Clarke’s assistant hoping it would arrest the slump.

Tommy must’ve been offered some good money to take that job on, what a shitshow.

Killie failed as they've spent 11 of the last 14 years finishing in the bottom 6 and that will catch up with you eventually.

The Clarke season of finishing third was an overachievement but Killie have taken that as the new norm and right royally ballsed it up.

Has Saturday, or indeed the season, sunk in for anyone yet? 

Still find myself shaking my head in disbelief when I think about it. 

What I'm not in doubt over is that we deserve this moment. The club have done the hard yards. To achieve this off the back of the way the club is run makes it all the sweeter. 

28 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Killie failed because the players didn’t like their manager.

They appointed Clarke’s assistant hoping it would arrest the slump.

Tommy must’ve been offered some good money to take that job on, what a shitshow.

Yeah Killie were in a bad place last season never mind this, and there's arguably been warning signs of this since Alessio was punted.

Just think it's a warning at how quickly things can go wrong for clubs if you don't keep moving forwards and prevent it getting stale.

Talk of things going stale for Saints is founded in no sort of reality. I'd give you maybe 3 or 4 seasons since Geoff Brown took ownership where the club haven't had their eye on the ball and haven't known their direction of travel. 

He got rid of Ian Gibson straight away and replaced him with a proper manager and gave the club a proper ground. He got rid of Totten because we needed a return of money going out and acted quickly to replace McClelland. The blip was in the early part of the century but then he had far more pressing issues to rightly contend with. Got the ship back on course with Coyle and it hasn't veered since. 

There is nothing in Steve Brown's character to suggest he'll take his eye off the ball. There won't be grand proclamations about what we are going to do or how we are now Charlie Big Potatoes but they will quietly and confidently go on just getting things done. You see it every summer with other clubs talking about how they are going to do this and going to do that. Saints just go out and get it done. 

I think Steve Brown will react much more positively to Callum Davidson working with him than the previous incumbent who always seemed to be pushing against him.

Saints know that progress can sometimes be a slow grind. That simple piece of knowledge is invaluable. Other clubs want success yesterday and have no stability as a result. The founds of this club are now embedded deep. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Killie were in a bad place last season never mind this, and there's arguably been warning signs of this since Alessio was punted.

Just think it's a warning at how quickly things can go wrong for clubs if you don't keep moving forwards and prevent it getting stale.

Definitely. Inverness relegated within a year or two of finishing third and winning the Scottish Cup.  Utd reach the SC final with a highly acclaimed team full of young stars also relegated within 2 years

It can happen to anyone.  I think we'll be fine as long as the Brown's own the club, as they run Saints efficiently without courting publicity or making attention seeking decisions you see other owners do.  Once Steve has had enough, who knows what we'll get.

15 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Not a crowd w**k but I genuinely hope this get more people through the gates for the Jonnies, surely some double cup winning glory hunting perthites ready to get along to support the team

We thought that about The Caley when we won the cup in 2015, but gloryhunters gonna glory!

Edit - The vast, vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans in Inverness absolutely hate The Caley. 

Edited by TheScarf