Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

You could understand it if we'd sacked him, but he left us.

Thought that maybe his departure was a good thing in the sense it meant his massive achievements at Saints would be unblemished by failure. He's doing a fair job of tarnishing things by his recent press comments.

Missed it, anyone got a link?

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Missed it, anyone got a link?

Following on from his dig when he joined them that he's "delighted to be at a club who will fill their stadium if he brings them success".

Seems oddly bitter towards us.

8 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Thought that maybe his departure was a good thing in the sense it meant his massive achievements at Saints would be unblemished by failure. He's doing a fair job of tarnishing things by his recent press comments.

It all seems a bit unnecessary tbh.

If

there are no restrictions or limits on crowds getting in 

and

we get a great opening fixture of the season at home to United/ Dundee/ Aberdeen/ Hibs or Hearts

and 

we promote it like mad emphasising the players will do a lap of honour after the match with both cups in place of an open top bus parade through town...

then i think we could be looking at close to a European night attendance of Saints fans.  With an away support then near capacity.  I know we often get let down in recent years by the crowds not materialising when we're doing well, but, ever the optimist, I think it could be different this time...

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If

there are no restrictions or limits on crowds getting in 

and

we get a great opening fixture of the season at home to United/ Dundee/ Aberdeen/ Hibs or Hearts

and 

we promote it like mad emphasising the players will do a lap of honour after the match with both cups in place of an open top bus parade through town...

then i think we could be looking at close to a European night attendance of Saints fans.  With an away support then near capacity.  I know we often get let down in recent years by the crowds not materialising when we're doing well, but, ever the optimist, I think it could be different this time...

If we can’t get more through the gate next season we never will.

My advice to the club is the second the fixtures are announced and we’ve an understanding on restrictions etc is to get advertising everywhere for the game, radio, posters, shops and paper advertisements. Get the message out and make it a cheap ticket to meet your legends.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just realised (probably well after everyone else) that St Johnstone won more trophies this season than Rangers and Celtic put together.

Has that ever been done before?

Also, pissed myself laughing at Davidson in the changing room sliding along the floor with his top off.

Fucking brilliant.

Brings back memories of 2013 for me.

Well done boys. Enjoy your moment.

Oh and Europe too.

Not jealous.

Not j.....

Seeing as the Dons have done 2 cup doubles and a league and cup double plus the cup & ECWC double, and Hearts did a league and league cup double I'd say yes, as that only leaves 1 trophy for them. (Dundee United won the league in 1982-83.)

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Is the petition for renaming the East Stand the Tommy Wright stand still going??

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The way he's acted since joining Kilmarnock shows the folly of naming things after people who are still active in the game, tbh.

Not quite sure why he's acting the way he is.

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Following on from his dig when he joined them that he's "delighted to be at a club who will fill their stadium if he brings them success".

Seems oddly bitter towards us.

It all seems a bit unnecessary tbh.

Fucking told you lot when you were all mewling about Tommy being the greatest ever, naming stands and on about statues. 

f**k TURNCOAT TOMMY, he is now a rival (if they fluke it against Dundee) and deserves exactly what he'll get when we come up against him.

I just hope Scott Boyd is working very early today getting contract extensions drafted for Kerr, Rooney, McCart and McCann. May as well ride the wave of euphoria and slap an offer in front of them whilst they're still pished!

Imagine in 2 weeks time, we can announce that these guys are staying for another couple of years (or have the security of knowing it'll take a big offer to get them). It would be one high after another. What I think we can say is, the likes of Kerr, Rooney, McCart, McCann have never played in Perth on a European night and I have a feeling that they'll all be wanting to, especially when you look at the clubs we're likely to face. Saints were accused of not making the most of the last cup win, well this season we've shown that we're not making the same mistakes and have been incredibly pro-active, so fingers crossed!

Edit - Screw Tommy Wright, he left a legend and is slowly souring what name he had in Perth with his comments and actions. I still hold the guy in in the greatest regards for the good times and what he achieved, but he's not the future of our club, if anything he'll be an obstacle next season and we don't need that.

Edited by Widge

Hopefully it’ll be even easier attracting players this summer now we can point out we’ve European football, a settled squad and the chance to work with the best young Scottish manager in the league

What a weekend.

Nothing says winning a cup double than playing rock, paper, sizers with one of the team. 😀

E2GmTl1WYAQAlyG?format=jpg&name=900x900

If you are reading this Liam, Watty wants his lucky scarf back. he threw it over the wall to make it seem normal then Liam walked off with it, last seen in pictures at McDiarmid  on Saturday night.

Should you boys not be out fighting amongst each other and pissing in the street?
All joking aside, congratulations on a cup double.  Pains me to say, but Hibs were never winning that today.  Enjoy lads.  
At least Jack Ross was more honest and magnanimous in defeat than Jackie Macnafortune was in 2014.

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:
On 22/05/2021 at 16:08, TonyFerrino said:
Should you boys not be out fighting amongst each other and pissing in the street?
All joking aside, congratulations on a cup double.  Pains me to say, but Hibs were never winning that today.  Enjoy lads.  

At least Jack Ross was more honest and magnanimous in defeat than Jackie Macnafortune was in 2014.

Yeah couldnt agree more. He was very accepting that it was a tight game and not even a hint of bitterness or sore loser stuff whatsoever.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.