Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Outrageous. I can't even say it through my usual gritted teeth when it comes to St. Johnstone. 

Massive and heartfelt congratulations. It's truly one of the most outstanding achievements I've seen in Scottish football in my lifetime. It might never even happen again that a truly provincial club will go and do the cup double in a season. 

Crying shame for you lads and lassies that it's happened during a pandemic as I'm sure in regular circumstances the pubs in Perth would have been full for weeks. 

Enjoy your night, weekend, year folks. 

54 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Media aren’t doing this justice btw, this is one of the greatest achievements Scottish football has seen. Unreal scenes, historic. 

Aye but Rangers.

I remember walking back to Haymarket in 2014 after the 4-0 semifinal and seeing some Saints fans trudging back in the rain as well. I was obviously on a high looking forward to the final but felt a bit sorry for the Sainties as they had never won any major trophy in their entire history.
1-0 up at Ibrox and looking forward to seeing a cup double a few months later! 🤪
Well we all know how that finished. Remind me ‘who the f*** is Steve May!’ [emoji23]
Enjoy your victory today being the most successful team this season.
Since that day in Edinburgh you have won more cup than the Dandies have managed in the last 30 years.
It’s just a shame the football authorities in this country are so inept that no fans were allowed to witness your greatest day!

I absolutely love this club. Who cares what anyone says we are. We know who and what we are. We are fighters. And for all the goals that Zander let’s in that he shouldn’t? The XG against just tells you what we have in McCart, Gordon and Kerr. What a club. What a team. What a season. 

Absolutely brilliant you boys. I hope when you get the first home game of next season ( if the fans are allowed) that you get a full house. Outstanding achievement, richly deserved. Envy of the highest order.

Edited by Monkey socks