Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Could honestly see the next 10 days far enough. Folk panicking about the virus and writing us off and the inevitable unedifying scenes if the club only have 900 tickets to allocate. The saving grace is I've never even seen this banter page, which sounds as if it's like crack to some of you; you want to stop looking but you just can't. 

This should be the most exciting time of the season, instead it has turned into the most troubling.

Where is @Kyle to distract us all with a contract list or something. 

26 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

The banter page like all other forums, has its fair share of wallopers, but in its defence, it’s raised close on£4000 for the youth set up, which is more than any other Saints site 

So what you're saying is wallopers give the most money away?

Is this why I'm always skint?

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark  -2022

12. Elliot Parish – 2022(?)

Defenders

19. Shaun Rooney– 2022

2. James Brown – 2021 – on loan from Millwall

6. Liam Gordon - 2022

5. Jason Kerr – 2022

4. Jamie McCart - 2022

3. Scott Tanser  – 2021

24. Callum Booth  – 2022

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon - 2023

8. Murray Davidson - 2021

26. Liam Craig – 2022

18. Ali McCann – 2023

13. Craig Bryson – 2022

15. Charlie Gilmour - 2021

7. Craig Conway – 2021

16. Glenn Middleton – 2021 – on loan from Rangers

Forwards

9. Chris Kane -  2021

11. Michael O'Halloran – 2021

14. Stevie May  – 2023

17. Guy Melamed – 2021

22. Callum Hendry - 2022

Ask and thou shall receive.

Trying to step back and look at the situation objectively.

We had been lucky so far this season. As far as I can recall only Murray was out for a prolonged period. We ran with a very small squad  built around a core of players; Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, McCann, Craig and Kane who must have missed less than 5 games through injury between them all season.

We had also managed to avoid any covid related drama up until now.  Part of me feels its hellish unlucky to happen at the climax of the season, but then again if it'd happened a month or two ago we might have failed to get past the quarter final or make top six etc and our season would have fizzled out.

It also might have happened next week, when a rake of players would have had to self-isolate and miss the final.  Hopefully now we can get a grip of the situation and stop any more cases emerging.  We can only wait and see on that one.

It's far from the preparation we would have wanted, and I'm probably guilty of polishing a turd here, but it also puts all the pressure back on Hibs.

Our players' fitness shouldn't drop too much, they'll be able to train alone as long as they're not symptomatic and feel fit enough to do so.  I'd personally like to finish above Livi, but that is fairly irrelevant compared to the cup final for me.  Do what we have to do this weekend, even if it's a fringe team, and then one big final push on the 22nd.

Worthy pat on the back for big Boaby in goal last night too.

Some critical of his decision to pick up the ball for the first goal. Definitely not an intentional back pass to the GK though but whatever on that one. 

I guess his overall performance last night was an example of why Hearts brought him in. Clearly capable of keeping the ball out the net. I know it hasn't worked out well for him overall in Scotland due to to many mistakes creeping into his game while playing for Hearts but he should be pleased how he did last night. 

13 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Assuming we can add Parish, May, Davidson & Craig to last nights squad & were not too bad for Saturday.

Yeah the squad is pretty strong tbf, we lack depth but not quality in depth, if that makes sense. Even last night's squad wasn't that bad.

Liked Gilmour, but don't thinks he hugely suited a midfield 2. Was told he was always played deep and fairly static for Arsenal, then they tried to teach him how to move about the park more in Holland. Think we saw both sides of that yesterday. Reckon he needs a full season of games somewhere to fulfill his potential, unsure he'll get that with us

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’ll be honest, I think the current 4 hurt us more than the first 4 but it’s still not a complete disaster. 

Very difficult to argue it the other way. Fingers crossed they're all OK and available for the final.