Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Turns out we haven't trained this week at all. 

Sounds like it's maybe just a case of keeping certain players isolated to reduce their chances of catching it as much as possible, hopefully.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like it's maybe just a case of keeping certain players isolated to reduce their chances of catching it as much as possible, hopefully.

Hope so. I'm not as confident though. I imagine the cancellation of training has been imposed by the "joint response group". 

There must have been at least another positive case to trigger that decision otherwise we'd have been forced to do that at the point of the positive cases last week. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Hope so RG but I'm not so sure. I don't think they'd have cancelled training without at least a positive test coming back.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Hope so. I'm not as confident though. I imagine the cancellation of training has been imposed by the "joint response group". 

There must have been at least another positive case to trigger that decision otherwise we'd have been forced to do that at the point of the positive cases last week. 

You beat me to it. But I agree. 

At least one further positive case that has forced the club’s hand re close contacts having to isolate too.

10 day isolation period started on Monday after players were tested, meaning they’d be back two days before the final.

Edited by perthsaints99

8 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

At least one further positive case that has forced the club’s hand re close contacts having to isolate too.

10 day isolation period started on Monday after players were tested, meaning they’d be back two days before the final.

What an absolute shitemare.

Are any of the 4 players from the first batch back for Saturday? I'm guessing Liam Craig might be?

Edited by Kyle

Just now, Kyle said:

What an absolute shitemare.

Are any of the 4 players from the first batch back for Saturday? I'm guessing Liam Craig might be?

I thought all 4 would be available for Saturday?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm assuming Craig missed the game against Hibs because he was the 1st positive test, he'll definitely have had 14 days  by then I'd imagine.

I'm honestly not sure what the isolation time is for positive tests and contacts now to be honest. Is it 10 days for both?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Should be. Believe that the isolation period for elite sportsmen is 10 days, regardless of whether you were a positive case or a close contact.

Isolation for the first lot started on Monday 3rd. Today would be their last day.

Edited by perthsaints99

Should be. Believe that the isolation period for elite sportsmen is 10 days, regardless of whether you were a positive case or a close contact.
Isolation for the first lot started on Monday 3rd. Today would be their last day.
All available but how fit are they? Covid does some serious damage to the body

12 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
47 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

All available but how fit are they? Covid does some serious damage to the body

Can only hope the affected parties are asymptomatic and keep up some sort of fitness from home.

It’s a real concern in any case.

Edited by perthsaints99

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Depending how bad things are I may be tempted to give up on 5th &  concentrate on the cup.

Conference qualifiers when we may not be all able to go.

Full week between games so shouldn't be any serious need to rest?

Squad is tiny anyway so most players will have to start both games regardless.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

We expecting to hear anymore about what’s happened tonight? Surely they need to clarify ASAP.

The usual Courier staff on twitter said more info will be released after full time. I saw Davidson shaking his head talking to Kennedy before ko, I’m expecting crap news 

2 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

The usual Courier staff on twitter said more info will be released after full time. I saw Davidson shaking his head talking to Kennedy before ko, I’m expecting crap news 

Think he pointed to his mask and shook his head, which maybe says it all.