Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Papers are claiming the 2 close contacts were identified due to seating plans on the bus to the Hibs game, with Saints adamant they were a "safe" distance away.

It is a Keith Jackson article though, so I'm entirely unconvinced it's not just him trying to stir up a controversy tbh.

As it happens I was driving past the ground when the buses were leaving at the weekend. Obviously it was only a point in time and probably less than a second to look at it, and the windows were tinted I think but it looked to me that Booth was sitting at least 8 rows behind another player (Gilmour? it was a very quick glance). So nothing that would stand up in court but stuck in my head as I was thinking that the players really were a long way from each other. 

Zander Clark will be in a green strip between the sticks at Hampden on Sunday, of that you can be sure.

Ross Sinclair is currently out through injury, so we would have been extremely light in the goalkeeping department. Zlamal won’t see a minute for Saints unless something happens to The Beard.

Edited by perthsaints99

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If people had a choice between Connor Shields or Callum Hendry, who would they choose?

For me, that’s dependent on whether we keep Melamed (or bring in another decent option in his place). If that happens, I’d be happy to hold onto Hendry as we at least know that we have a guaranteed source of goals elsewhere and we can hope for Hendry to come good as well. If not, I’d probably favour the unknown gamble of Shields rather than the more familiar gamble of Hendry.

30 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

For me, that’s dependent on whether we keep Melamed (or bring in another decent option in his place). If that happens, I’d be happy to hold onto Hendry as we at least know that we have a guaranteed source of goals elsewhere and we can hope for Hendry to come good as well. If not, I’d probably favour the unknown gamble of Shields rather than the more familiar gamble of Hendry.

Are we going to have much of a choice? Not sure that Hendry won't be on his way back from Aberdeen. Surely they'll be looking to buy what they think is a top-3 striker and I don't think it would be him. Don't imagine they would extend the loan either and I expect if we put him put to another club on loan it would be Championship, or a bottom-4 club, so not sure what wage coverage that would give. 

Nobody seems to think that Guy will stay (personally, still hopeful) so I'd expect Hendry to be back at McDairmid next year unless we can get a fee for him.  Whether or not he can fit into CD's system is I guess another issue. 

For what it's worth I think Hendry would do well in this system now. He ticks all the Davidson expectations of hard working team player etc and we've stopped just aimlessly lumping the ball in from deep all the time as well so can see him thriving on the likes of Rooney putting the ball across the 6 yard line or some of the headed chances Guy has had. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

For what it's worth I think Hendry would do well in this system now. He ticks all the Davidson expectations of hard working team player etc and we've stopped just aimlessly lumping the ball in from deep all the time as well so can see him thriving on the likes of Rooney putting the ball across the 6 yard line or some of the headed chances Guy has had. 

I do wonder if he got that goal against Hibs that it may have been a kickstart.

3 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

I do wonder if he got that goal against Hibs that it may have been a kickstart.

Very true. 

Just thinking wider than that I don't think many forwards would have succeeded during that period. Our decision making and final ball (how I'd have described  then) pathetic. 

7 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Very true. 

Just thinking wider than that I don't think many forwards would have succeeded during that period. Our decision making and final ball (how I'd have described  then) pathetic. 

Come a long way from 40 crosses a match and all our shots coming from 25 yards, tbh.

Watching the early games again is a bit of an eye-opener.

Hard to pick any faults with the current way of playing.